sharp lc37ga5e any good???

S

shakie1973

Hi all.....bit of a noob so go easy,
The problem is this.i started off looking for a plasma 37-42" for 1000-2000£.
Then i started looking at lcd's,but thought they only went upto a 32".Then i got my eye on the sharp aquos 37"ga5e.
Seen it for some really good prices online 1700-2000£ (i think their good prices?)
But i need to know what their like,Does anyone have one, are they happy,all that stuff.
Also are there any drawbacks with this model,
what features does it have and what does it not have.
Are there any better ones for that price.
Oh yeah and am i right for going for lcd and not plasma.

CHEERS

37" and 42" LCDs are widely available. Some manufacturers have even shown 50" LCD.
The GA5E is the reduced-features model. Everyone wants a 3E or 4E.

A bit more detail please.Such as,
What features does it/ does it not have,
Other makes/models,
Basicly is it a good buy

I recentley took delivery of the 32' and the PQ through digital cable is every bit as good as anything I saw in various shops I went to over the months, DVD's look fantastic via scart.

shakie1973 said:
A bit more detail please.Such as,
What features does it/ does it not have,
Other makes/models,
Basicly is it a good buy

It doesnt have the DVI input, which takes out its HDCP protected HD compatibility. The GA3 and GA4 have this.

......and if you can find someone in this country selling a ne GA3 OR 4 let me know because nobody has them for sale......so I would forget about those 2 models...

Can you wait for the GA7E when it comes out in June?

Biggest problem with the component only connection is that there will be all sorts of restrictions in new HD material, from what i read so far upconversion will only go to 480 instead of 720 or 1080 and blue ray players and hd-dvd players will maybe only carry dvi and hmdi connections.

So you take a bit of a risk, there might be switchers that can switch the dvi/hmdi to component, but will it upconvert to hd material?

By the way i've seen the the 32 inch version, and read a bit on some dutch review sites and i have to agree the screen looks great: practically no delay and great blacks. I know i'm really tempted as well to buy the 37 inch version, only things holding me back is no dvi/hmdi plug...so that's driving me to the 9985 philips screen, sigh! :rolleyes:

I too have the 32" set, and it's great PQ wise.

Although there seems a general air of "... must have a HD connection" in this forum, I chose against this, and am really satisfied with the picture.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom