1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC37AD1E Thoughts

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sezalot, Dec 25, 2004.

1. sezalot

sezalot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

As my TV is on the blink I'm looking to replace it with something that can be mounted on the wall. I was looking at high res plasma (42/43") but 37" LCD is also an option & the price of this Sharp (£2500 @ Richer Sounds) seemed tempting but I can't seem to find any customer reviews - has anyone had any good/bad news and/or any other recommendations?

Merry Christmas
    Barry

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  3. Leander

Leander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    sezalot,

I've had one of these for a few weeks now and so far I'm delighted. Paid £1999 for it which is about as much as I would expect anyone to pay for a 37" screen with no DVI.

Things I like are the clarity and brightness but especially the almost 3D depth of field, particularly with DVD.

Things I don't like are the sometimes juddery motion on side pans and I wouldn't like to sit too close, less than 10', as you can too easily see the imperfections in the feed.

Also, if analogue TV and teletext are important to you then prepare to be a little disappointed, but with freeview (and in my case $ky as well) then this shouldn't matter too much.

Would never go back to CRT now.

Cheers,

Leander

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Without wanting to offend, last time I saw the Sharp LC37AD1E's in JL/Waitrose I realised how well LCD displays have matured in the last 9 months.

5. Leander

Leander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ianh64,

no offence taken, if it was directed at me. As I said in my post, overall I'm delighted and that I wouldn't go back to CRT.

What I didn't say, and should have, is that I haven't seen a plasma either that I would have in preference to the Sharp. My wife, who normally thinks all this kind of stuff is boy's toys, can't stop commenting on how good the picture is.

So, sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but I was only trying to give a balanced view. It isn't perfect, but as has been said many times in these forums, no screen is.

Cheers,

Leander