1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC37AD1E £2000

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jerkyboy, Mar 17, 2005.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got a Sharp LC37AD1E, is it any good ?.

I know it lacks a DVI input (well done Sharp !), but £2000 is a bargain for a 37" LCD.

Is it worth getting, or should I wait for Sharp to bring down the price of the ridiculously expensive GD1.

Any feedback please

2. Leander

Leander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Jerkyboy,

I've got the LC37AD1E and I paid just under £2K for it. With regard to what it's like, anything I say is simply my opinion and you really should see it for yourself.

If you can't see the AD but can see the GD then that will give you a good idea of what the general picture will be like.

Mine replaced a Philips 32" pixel plus CRT and I wouldn't go back for one second. DVD playback is superb and $ky and Freeview are both very good. I seem to be unusual in liking a very bright picture and the Sharp certainly gives me that. Whites are very white and I'm rarely bothered about the not quite black blacks.

It's up there with the best LCD's and I much prefer it to any plasma I've seen so far but only you can decide if £2k for a screen with no DVI is good value.

Cheers

Leander

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +566
    The following is an extract from an email from the Sharp "Aquos" enquiry address.

So the AD1 TVs use an older screen than the GA3, GA4 and GD1 series.