Sharp LC32GD8E anyone have one?

Almost certainly it will be crap !!!!.

Sharp were once the best they are now well below average, Shame

Well, it is a rebranded TV set with the previous generation of LCD panel from the GA6 series.

Absolutely not interesting, especially considering the small price difference with the newer GA9.

Mr-Bananas said:

Why would it be crap?

Mr-Bananas said:

Well thats a really good informed observation then :rolleyes:

I have an old 30" HV4 Sharp LCD and its still fantastic.

Its no secret that over the last few years Sharp have really gone donw hill in Europe. They have cut costs and removed loads of features from their range.

Do a search on these forums for last years top of the range GD7 series, it was a joke.

Hopefully Sharp can get back on top with there new GE1E 1080i panel that comes out in a few months.

Sharp invented LCD, and they were the best on the planet. I really wish they would stop giiving us Brits stripped down versions of the USA and Jap models.

The King is dead.............almost

Mr-Bananas said:
I have an old 30" HV4 Sharp LCD and its still fantastic.

Its no secret that over the last few years Sharp have really gone donw hill in Europe. They have cut costs and removed loads of features from their range.

Do a search on these forums for last years top of the range GD7 series, it was a joke.

Hopefully Sharp can get back on top with there new GE1E 1080i panel that comes out in a few months.

Sharp invented LCD, and they were the best on the planet. I really wish they would stop giiving us Brits stripped down versions of the USA and Jap models.

The King is dead.............almost
I wouldn't neccesarily say that the GD7 series was a joke nor would I use such a throwaway and uninformed statement such as "almost certainly (the GD8) will be crap" without at least offering some evidence to back it up.

And for the eariler poster the panel is not a rebranded version GA6.

The OP wants facts or at the very least opinion based on some sort of fact :nono:

soup nazi said:
Quite cheap.

What are they like?

sorry GA not GD
If you can afford it, have a look at the GA9 as it has two HDMI inputs and supposedly better processing.

Ok, maybe crap was a bit strong. I am just so annoyed with Sharp for not giving us what the USA and Japan get.

Anyway, I had a play with a GD9 today amd I was pleasantly surprised. The picture was very clean and the colours were nice and vivid. This could be a good sign of things to come with the hopefully awesome GE1E coming out soon.

I saw the GE8 on Saturday, it was next to the R74 Samsung both running SD content. IMO the Sharp had the edge and looked better built with a metal finish as opposed to the cheap black plastic on the Samsung. Not much difference in price either.

I am looking forward to the GE1E, so long as it will do 1:1 pixel mapping and 1080P.

neilmcl said:
And for the eariler poster the panel is not a rebranded version GA6.

:nono:

I have emailed SHARP France as there are some confusion around this and they confirmed that the GA8 is 800:1 and 9ms (klike the GA6) whereas the GA9 is 1200:1 and 6ms.

We've been having probelms with our LC32P70E in the form of constant locking on Freeview. Mrs isn't buying it that we should just accept this as an inherent quirk (not at the rate it's been happening on our tv at least) and Martin Dawes (the retailer from whom we bought it) have offered us the GD8E as an alternative at an extra £38. TBH I'd be happy with a replacement P70E but the stock has run out and waon't be replaced.

I was hoping for some informed opinion before I speak to them this afternoon. Pity no-one here has this set as, apart fomr the odd couple of posts above there really isn't much to go on.

The spec claims it has no NTSC tuner. Is this true? If so, I'm guessing no muliti region DVDs will be playable on this set, yes?

Hi,

Am I correct in assuming that there is no PIP funtion on either the GD8E, or GD9E ?

Cheers

Stuart

You can have Teletext and picture side by side, but no PIP as far as I could see no.

I saw this TV last week and picture quality wise it was up there with the Sony and Toshiba expensive ones.

Detail in blacks etc. (this was a quick viewing of a HD demo they were running)

i saw a standard def sky feed and a standard analogue feed in currys, and in my opinion this tv was as good as the best in currys (with the same feed)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom