Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sharp LC32GD4U vs. LCGA5U?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by queendvd, Dec 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. queendvd

queendvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. I'm in a bit of a crunch trying to pick up my husband's Christmas present tonight and am torn between 2 sharp models. The LC32GD4U has the HDTV tuner built in while the 32GA5U does not have the tuner. The difference in price is about $600. I had been dead set on getting the LC32GD4U but then I read a couple reviews on Amazon and others where consumers have noted that getting the tuner built in is not really cost effective since some HDTV services provide a tuner. At our home, we have IO (Intereactive Optimum by Cablevision).

Any advice on which would be the better purchase would be greatly appreciated. Or if there are any other discernible differences worth mentioning. Thanks in advance for the help!

:lease:

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    This is a UK site try posting on the USA site :- avsforum rather than avforum?

3. DIGITAL VIRGIN

DIGITAL VIRGIN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We would like to help you but UK & USA specifications can be very different even though at first glance they might be the same model.
    Lucky husband, I had to buy my own!

Happy Christmas.