1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC32GD1E vs Panasonic TH-42PW6

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Lizzard, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am really confused right now and i have searched this forum for an answer but to no availability.

First i nearly decided for to buy the Panasonic TH-42PW6 plasma with 852x480 panel as they have come down real good in price now which makes it affordable.

However i have been looking to the Aquos range of Sharps and they seem to deliver great specifications and performance and have a panel of 1366x768 which makes it great for 720p sources.

Those of you who have seen both, i haven't seen the Sharp as i have no dealer in my area which got it, but what do you think of the picture quality when you compare the Panasonic plasma with the LC32GD1E or even LC32GA3E which got the same panel?

Is there really a huge difference in quality?

What i am really suspect of with the Panasonic plasma is the low panel resolution of 852x480 where the Sharp is really futureproof for some years.

I need some input about this so i don't buy the wrong product......

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    the sharp is a telly the panny a display plasma are bigger and more cinematic to me LCD still looks too processed and when you turn the lights down the lack of depth/contrast is obvious.........there is far more to getting a a good film image than Pixels...........although they do help... where abouts are you? see this link for local dealers http://www.sharp.co.uk/aquos_tv/get_aquos/getaquos.asp

3. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen the PW6 and that looked pretty much very pixelated, however the contrast and black levels were acceptable.

If the Sharp looks less pixelated i am more interested in that as it got a 1366x768 panel.

Homecinemachoice gave the Sharp LC-32GD1E the top award for the product where they said it totally blew away ANY plasma today, however i don't trust magazine reviews and would have liked to see the Sharp to get my own opinion.

I live in Sweden so it's very hard to see these Sharps in action.

I agree the larger screen you have the more filmatic the experience you will achieve.

However i have seen the Sharp LC-37GA3E now for £2,199 inc VAT which is a great price and it's the same panel without the mediabox and DVB-T.

I can mention that i saw a Philips 42" plasma with 1024x1024 Alis panel and that looked MUCH better than the Panasonic PW6, less pixelation and a much more CRT like picture, what do you think about that?

It's really hard to decide.