1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC32GD1E - Is anyone else having difficulty getting hold of one

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Super Novice, May 3, 2005.

1. Super Novice

Super Novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was recently awaiting delivery of a Sharp LC32GD1E however the place that I was going to buy this LCD from cannot get commitment from suppliers.

I have tried a number of places out of the usual magazines (almost all of them to be accurate) and nobody appears to have any stock.

Does anybody have any ideas why there appears to such difficulty in getting hold of one of these screens. If you do can you enlighten me as it is really starting to do my head in.

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The GD1E is what the trade call a 'clean' product and thus not allowed to be distance sold by official Sharp retailers. If you are buying via the internet, the supplier would have to obtain this product from another source, not direct from Sharp or one of their official distributers. It sounds as if the un-official Sharp retaillers are having problems finding an alternate source of this product - Sharp may have clamped down on the distance sellers. You would most probably find this product freely available direct from an official Sharp dealer when sold from a shop but it is possible that it would not be so much discounted.

-Ian

3. Super Novice

Super Novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All this has left in a right quandary.

I really liked the look of the sharp. I have looked at a couple of others but just haven't taken to them. My main concerns are that i see a lot of potentials with good pictures etc but they do not have the future proof connections.

Could anybody advise me on what may stand as a suitable substitute for the Sharp if the only place i seem to be able to get one from are charging through the roof (in comparison to other places anyway)

4. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you are not desperate you could wait for the new range in the summer, did you particularly want the AV box?

5. Super Novice

Super Novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AV box was a bonus.

Really liked the look of the screen and was suitably impressed with the demo.

Apparently I have been informed that the company I am dealing with are expecting a delivery next week (I am hopeful) but again this is not guaranteed.

The trouble is you get it in your mind that this is the only screen for you and others do not meet your requirements no matter how hard you look.

6. Mora

Mora
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well Super Novice,

I'm sure if you look around you can find something that will fit on your chimneybreast and look good.

You might even consider something bigger... Say 37""

rather than a wussy 32 incher.

Come on,, a teeny weeny Darth Vader swinging a teeny lightsabre, just don't cut the mustard ! :hiya:

7. Super Novice

Super Novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Especially if the lightsabre has a distance of 35 miles eh mora

The trouble i find is that a lot of screens (within the budget range) either have plastic surrounds or just don't generally look that nice.

Theres also the DVI requirements (aghhh, this is starting to send me insane)

Have a budget of £2500 (preferably with wall bracket) so feel free to make suggestions (anyone, :lease: )

8. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    A store near me in St.Albans, Herts has them instock. Hi-Spek www.hispek.com - last I saw they had them at £2,399ish...They do mail order too....