1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC32GA6E, LC32GA7E whats the difference?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by JayHarkin, Oct 18, 2005.

1. JayHarkin

JayHarkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Firstly what is the difference between the Sharp LC32GA6E and the LC32GA7E, besides freeview and a large price hike. Furthermore has anyone actually seen the LC32GA6E in the flesh or better yet have it at home any opinions, would be a great help. Also what is the response time on the LC32GA6E and has any one played any videogames on it, (Have you noticed any blurring etc). Any info or links much appreciated. Finally were is the best and cheapest place to get the set online.

Thanks Jason

2. JayHarkin

JayHarkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please respond, guys I am getting ready to order

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I didn't realise there was a GA7. There is a GD7 which has integrated Freeview, an external box and more connections. I think the internals are slightly different too but not by much.

Richie.

4. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    The GA6E is a "16ms" panel, wheras the GD7E is 12ms. I believe there is better processing on the GD7E (mention of "de-juddering" on the website) as well as more fine-tuning on the image, if it's anything like its predecessor. (r/g/b controls instead of a single "colour" control)

Note: Don't compare Sharp's "16ms" to other manufacturer's "16ms" - unfortunately when one manufacturer is being "honest" with their specs (or at least more honest) it makes them look worse on paper compared to a "best case scenario" 8ms.