1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC32GA4E - Settings for Sky RGB

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MickyGee, Jan 6, 2005.

1. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have just bought an GA4E but I am having great difficulty getting a quality image on Sky RGB. DVD RGB picture quality is pretty good with lifelike skin tones achievable and good contrast (after a bit of twiddling).

I have tried the settings from previous threads (which seem to vary significantly) which although much better than default, are still disappointing. In fact there is little difference in image quality between composite and RGB on Sky. Whites tend to bleed across and wash out adjacent images, additionally skintones are poor and artificial.
    Previously picture quality on Sky was v good on my old 32" Sony WEGA CRT, with the same interconnects.

Is this a Sky/LCD issue or has anyone got any new tips for GA4E settings which may help ????

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just to make sure you have connected the Sky box into an RGB SCART on the back of the set and have changed that socket from S-Video to RGB in the options ?

3. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have the Sky box connected to Input 3 on the TV with RGB enabled both ends. You can toggle between composite and RGB on the TV with only minor improvement in picture.

I suspect I may not have the best settings so please Sharp users out there, post your Aquos GA3/4 settings you have for Sky on RGB !

Will also try some better interconnects to see if they help.

Thanks.

4. harlanz

harlanz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same exact set of problems- in addition, watching high motion (like football) is horrible. I've had a sky engineer and an independent "expert" out- both claim it is simply the TV. I am going to take it up with Sharp as the set is still under warranty. Didn't spend £1200 to watch fuzzy football.

5. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just to make sure, you haven't got Movie Mode selected have you ?

I haven't got $ky but Freeview. It's dependant on the channel or to that matter the program you watch. Channel 4 is excellent. Football is OK on Freeview but the bitrate is low, so on close ups of players, Macroblocking does happen.

Richie.

6. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58