1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC32GA4E is still in production

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by liteswap, Dec 2, 2004.

1. liteswap

liteswap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just had an interesting phone call from Sharp. To make sure I joined a queue for a GA4E somewhere, should the 4Es run out, yesterday I ordered one from WebElectricals.

They promised they'd have one this week but guess what? They haven't. Not their fault, I'd guess, as it seems they're being messed around by Sharp like everyone else with empty promises.

So this evening the phone rings and it's a chap from Sharp's Aquos division. WebElectricals (like other outlets) are obviously fed up with people calling them to find out about the unit and have passed the buck onto Sharp, whose mis-calculation of demand caused the problem in the first place.

Terribly apologetically, the Sharp man said I'm definitely in a queue and there WILL BE GA4Es within two weeks. Sharp promised.

I asked what was going on -- he said it's demand, good price, good product etc. Then the bombshell: the GA4E is still in production. It's NOT being discontinued but the GA3E is -- and that's the model being replaced by the 5E. Makes sense now, as they can differentiate between the two.

So if this is true and you want a GA4E, you are (might be??) safe!

2. mikearv

mikearv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would make sense, it always seemed odd to me a major manufacurer offering two indentical models with the only difference being the location of the speakers.

3. 240volt

240volt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I called empire direct today to find out when they expected GA4 and was told they had (literally) just come back into stock. My order was accepted and is due for delivery in 7 days - unless I am being told porkies!

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My head is spinning ! Do I hold off until when they will be in stock (Hopefully) or try to source one now ?! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh ! My brain hurts ! :(

5. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL - Tell me about it!

I would have gone and bought something else except that the 32GA4 is the only display that I've found that covers all the bases I want. :rolleyes:

Phil

6. jgrg

jgrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Thanks, that's a very interesting post for me. I have a LC32GA4E on order. Do you think that this applies to both 32" and 37" models?

James

7. liteswap

liteswap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't know, to be honest. We only talked about the 32". Sorry.