1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC32GA4E found at local coop, but

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by clarkem1, Mar 18, 2005.

1. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have found 32ga4e on display at local coop, and one in box in stock!. I have been following this forum for a few months and have read load of stuff on this tv, and it looks good in real life, but, the price is £1,699 - is this a little expensive?. (is on interest free credit for a year, which may make it a little less painfull)

Was thinking about the Hitachi 32pd5200 plasma at £1,350, or the new Toshiba 32" all the mags are raving about, this seems to be about £1,250, if you can find one in stock, but I think it may go up in price once they are available and shops see the demand. I know it is all down to the individual but any help to a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

ps - are there some issues with the Hitachi and sky's new HD service?, any thought please, thanks

2. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In my opinion the Sharp is significantly better than the Tosh on quality sources (comp and DVI). (Following back to back comparison at home). Better configuration options available on the Sharp.

So unless you want to wait for the new Sharp...........summer sometime, I think the GA4 is worth the extra.

Fortunately got mine in Jan for £1290

3. BADA55

BADA55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you can hold back wait till next year. I am led to believe that 'HOPEFULLY' sometime next year prices on most LCD and PLasma tv's will drop quite significantly......UP to you of course ;)

4. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Or the year after, or better still the year after that! :rotfl: :D :devil:

5. pottsypottsy

pottsypottsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which is best lc 32 ga 5u or 5e cannot find 5u anywhere but states,any one help

6. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    As you say U stands for USA and E for Europe