Sharp lc32dh66e

partypooper

Standard Member
i just bought this tv and want to serch for new channels on freeview, so i try menu>setup but auto installation and programme setup can not be selected i have looked in the operation manual i cant see what im doing wrong. thanks :thumbsup:

scribbler101

TVs these days usually just launch when you plug them in if not previously used. Is there nothing in the manual about Initial setup? Or a "Quick start guide".

Suggest callingt the supplier or Sharp helpline if stuck.

EDIT: Just downloaded the "Manual" expecting to be able to say "Read page 3" or whatever - but all I got was one page of specs. Assuming your manual is longer, look for "Installation" or "Set-up"

Last edited:

partypooper

Standard Member
ive done the Initial setup, i just wanted to get the new freeview channels such as dave +1, but auto installation and programme setup can not be selected no have like a no entry sign

scribbler101

Odd - I wonder if there is a "Parental Control" lock on?

partypooper

Standard Member
i thought that, just had a look and its asking me to set a password for Parental Control so i cant see it being that

Last edited:

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Normally auto set-up will be greyed out if you have not first selected TV and/or DTV. Are you sat there with say EXT 1 or AUX 1 selected?

Adrian_F

I have a previous model Sharp LC-32BT8EA and all new Freeview channels are installed automatically with a "New Service Added" message. I then have to search the EPG to find out what the new channel is ! (Recent additions have been CNN, DirectGov, and Dave+1.)

scribbler101

So it now works, even if it finds nothing new?

partypooper

Standard Member
right just restored to factory settings, picked up all new channels dureing Initial setup and now i can select auto installation and programme setup, so its all working now, dont know what was wrong but thanks for the help anyway :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom