1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC32 strange picture movement

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Duke350, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Duke350

Duke350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just discovered the AV Forum and having browsed recent threads now know that the Sharp LC 32GA3E I bought just 2 months ago is obsolete and that LCD screens are rubbish! Oh well, life goes on.

I’m not an expert and have taken advice from the Forum on settings etc and can report that:

With the Panasonic DVD XV10 the picture quality is fantastic.
    With the NTL Pace STB different channels/programmes seem to give different quality pictures, varying from great to a bit strange.

The strange ones are normally “live” programmes i.e. not US made series such as Law and Order, which look pretty good. On the “live” programmes I see strange effects where parts of a face seem to move slightly, independently of other parts of the face. The same effect is also noticeable on things like a stone wall etc.

I see the same problems on the “live” pictures from the Galaxis STB (Japanese TV on Hotbird 13E)

Is there a setting that needs tweaking?

BTW I quit the herbal cigs years ago

2. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first reaction to that is "noise reduction". It sounds like the screen is compensating for noisier pictures. It's sometimes called DNR (digital noise reduction). There should be a setting for this, try reducing it to a minimum (or "off") and see if that makes a difference.

3. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Why do you say the Sharp LC 32GA3E is obsolete?

4. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    think he means Discontinued,

if yer dont like, spare a thought for those of use who have missed out on these:/

5. Duke350

Duke350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I switched off the DNR and it's sorted! Thanks Alan D