Sharp LC26P50E and sky - problem

chris110

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ive bought a Sharp LC26P50E recently but when trying to program the sky remote to work using it it goes all weird. For example It will work fine untill i change channel using the tv remote, then the sky wont work even to change the sky channel untill i turn the tv off and back on. The same happens sometimes if I change channel to watch a DVD and then the tv controls wont work untill I reset the tv. I think its a remote problem and nothing to do with the tv as its affecting the sky aswell.

Could it be that I have wireless internet in the same room and its interfering? Thats the only thing I can think of. Any help would be great.

Try reprogramming your Sky Remote again. BTW which code did you use?

I set up my new Sharp LC37P50E last night with SKY+ and encountered no problems. I programmed the SKY remote with code 0093.

I tried the 4 digit 0093 and the 3 digit 121 aswell after but the same thing happened. It seems to be working fine now but then it was first of all aswell. I had to keep trying to reprogram it.

Just turned on my TV and got exactly the same problem! When The Tv is on (SHARP LC-37P50E) SKY+ will not receive a signal from the remote. However, as soon as you turn the TV off the signal is received fine from the remote. How could the TV be interfering like this?

Further to my previous post, everything went back to normal after about 20 mins. Seems like there is some sort of technical issue but it corrects itself within a short while.

Set up my tv but remote would not work . After playing around I found that
if you turn off the OPC on the tv all remote start working agan.
Did anybody else try this. Is it a problem with the tv.

The OPC can definitely cause this problem, it did with me. However, even with OPC off, some people are still experiencing r/c difficulties with other devices apparently not responding

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom