1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC26GA5E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by madcyril, May 6, 2005.

1. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I'm returning a Sonix LCD back to Sainburys and looking at replacing it with a Sharp for £642.Anyone got one of these and whats your opinions.
    I was impressed with the PQ but its an extra £142,but the Sonix is defo going back.

2. Mike_b

Mike_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one of these for a second system, PQ on component was fantastic, I watched Hero and was blown away. On cheap Freeview PQ fell off, so I got the Sony Freeview box and that made a big difference, so you need v good signals.

Downside is it failed inside 2 weeks and has just gone back, and there is a thread on this site which reported 3 power supply failures in a row.

Also it may be worth watching the price for a week or two, it has fallen by nearly £100 in the 3 weeks since I bought mine

3. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I expect prices will fall for a while until the new sets arrive and then will rise again!

4. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I did a search for any reported probs but didn't find anything.Anyway I've bought it now and it looks good,much better than the Sonix but is it worth the extra money,time will tell.

If it gives me no probs I'd say so.

5. Zagge

Zagge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone of you tried connecting a PC with native resolution , does it work(1360x768,for example ) ?? and if it does not work, how does the 1280x720 look like ?

This thing has kept me from buying one .. and it would be nice to know what is the situation really.

Zag