1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHARP LC26GA5E v SAMSUNG LR26BDX

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Tomdale, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Which one is best especially for PQ?

I have the Sharp at the moment but having a couple of power problems and may consider the Samsung.

Any comments would be welcome.

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Who are you dealing with over the Sharp problem? Sharp themselves or the retailer?
    In either case, esp the former, I'd hold out for the new GA6 due in a few weeks time. Samsung's aren't a bad brand, but I'd lean more in the Sharp direction. All manufacturers can and do have lemon units. No matter how many times they get looked, they still fail. It's the nature of the beast that is consumer electronics.

3. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am dealing with Sharp at the moment.

Now the picture on the tv is good and the power problem is rare only on start up.

What I really need to know is the Samsung a better tv with better PQ? Will the lack of HD be a major problem - I am connected to ntl.

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    IMO, and from store displays only, the Samsung is fine, but I consider Sharp to be another level above.
    GD1 with NTL analog and digital - picture more than fine (channel dependent) with both and DVD Recorder playback of time-lapsed recordings. As the GA6 is coming very soon, you could try and get them to swap out the 5 for one of those, as it'll be a bit better again.
    See what you can do - if you don't ask, you won't get.