Sharp LC26GA4E Widescreen and Picture settings

G

gloriousbach

It seems that the most popular single LCD television is the Sharp LC26GA4E judging by the number of posts on it! I also have one and can vouch for it being a beautiful piece of kit.

The only problem I am having is fine tuning the picture settings, specifically the blackness of the blacks. Now I know blackness isn't one of LCDs strong suites but I am trying to achieve a setting that gives me nice dark blakcs (rather then dark greys I am getting now) without setting the backlight to -8 and getting dark blacks but giving everything a depressingly unlit mood.

I guess what I am after is dark blacks but good brightness elsewhere where there is light scenes to be handled. Am I asking too much? As I am a complete novice with regards to fine tuning, could I ask the chaps on the forum what your best settings for general use (DVDs etc) on this TV are?

A secondary question is for standard 4:3 TV and XBOX material, I am wanting to use the full width of the screen, but without stretching things obscenely: At the moment I use "panorama" setting for this. Is this correct?

deadred

There's a post here about settings, the one i posted works brilliantly for me, but all room lighting is different so it may not work for you, trial and error i'm afraid

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom