1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC26GA4E setup

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by wozza, Jan 24, 2005.

1. wozza

wozza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondered if any one could help me in the setup of my LC26-GA4E. Will be setup with Sky+ and dvd player. Now i've only got basic scart leads, wasn't sure what cables i wouyld need to get best pic/sound etc. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Wozza,

Connect the Sky+ via SCART and in the settings on the TV, find where you can change the input signal to RGB. I think you need input 1 for the 26GA4 but if it's not an option then use another input that does allow for RGB.

On the DVD side, it depends what the unit has for output. If it has DVI out, connect to the TV via DVI for the best quality. If it has Component, connect it this way for the second best quality. Both these solutions need separate audio cables to be run to the TV. Next best thing is RGB which is connected via SCART which could be a problem since the Sky+ box is using the RGB input. Ways aroudn this would be to daisychain your Sky+ to the DVD player then onto the TV or get a SCART switch box.

HTH,

Richie.

3. wozza

wozza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers rich, pickin it up later today so will egt onto that, do i need a better scart lead as i've seen some for silly money and the ones i got are only cheap ones, will pic improve with better scart leads and if so...what are 'better scart leads'.

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What is the DVD player that you're getting ?

Anything is an improvement over the standard SCART cable you get with devices. For cheap cables go to www.tvcables.co.uk. I haven't bought from this place but I have bought a 5m IXOS SCART cable for about £25 I think it was. Can't remember the place though, sorry.

Other cable names are Profigold, QED and Thor.

Richie.