1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC26GA4E I think

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by paul f, Feb 6, 2005.

1. paul f

paul f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, after my Tevion near miss (see that thread) I think I'm going to see if the local John Lewis will let me have a Sharp LC26GA4E for the Robertsons price of £877.95.

For the extra £300 I am getting a slightly smaller screen, but better blacks, 5 yr warranty I can believe in, rather than 3yrs from some uncertain outfit, better brand name hopefully better reliability ...

This seems to be the box with all the specs - genuine 16:9, DVI HDCP, best contrast ratio etc. It's hard to see any reason to get anything else.

Except of course the question as to whether I will regret not having something bigger. We have a big front room, but we are replacing a grotty 21" 4:3 set. The 27" tevion was a fraction bigger in vertical dimension, this will be the same. But I do wonder whether I should consider the Hitachi 28LD5200 for those extra 2 inches - will the fact it is 15:9 actually bother me? And I have the option of displaying at 16:9, the resulting picture will probably still be bigger than the sharp. And for other uses I get the full benefit. The down side is - less good black, no HDCP.

I'm also going to try to find out the specs of the Mitsubishi at Richer Sounds.

Is there anything else I should consider?

Paul

2. hoyin

hoyin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

JL will not give it to you for £877 as that is the online price.

They will however match the instore price + the P&P. That is the best you can ask for.