• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sharp LC26GA4E I think

P

paul f

OK, after my Tevion near miss (see that thread) I think I'm going to see if the local John Lewis will let me have a Sharp LC26GA4E for the Robertsons price of £877.95.

For the extra £300 I am getting a slightly smaller screen, but better blacks, 5 yr warranty I can believe in, rather than 3yrs from some uncertain outfit, better brand name hopefully better reliability ...

This seems to be the box with all the specs - genuine 16:9, DVI HDCP, best contrast ratio etc. It's hard to see any reason to get anything else.

Except of course the question as to whether I will regret not having something bigger. We have a big front room, but we are replacing a grotty 21" 4:3 set. The 27" tevion was a fraction bigger in vertical dimension, this will be the same. But I do wonder whether I should consider the Hitachi 28LD5200 for those extra 2 inches - will the fact it is 15:9 actually bother me? And I have the option of displaying at 16:9, the resulting picture will probably still be bigger than the sharp. And for other uses I get the full benefit. The down side is - less good black, no HDCP.

I'm also going to try to find out the specs of the Mitsubishi at Richer Sounds.

Is there anything else I should consider?

Paul

H

hoyin

Paul,

JL will not give it to you for £877 as that is the online price.

They will however match the instore price + the P&P. That is the best you can ask for.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom