1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC26GA4E - 50hz?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by hoyin, Feb 16, 2005.

1. hoyin

hoyin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone managed to get the Sharp to display a 50hz picture from a PC via a DVI connection?

Or is the Sharp fixed at 60hz? I think this is the reason as to why I am getting judder in slow panning shots.

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    According to Ianh64, you can only output at 60hz. Take a look in the manual for supported WXGA resolutions.

Richie.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Just to calrify. As Richie says, DVI-PC is not available at 50 Hz as per the manual - but DVI-AV will accept AV resolutions at 50Hz and 60Hz. The interesting resolutions are at 60Hz~85Hz only. You could try 1024x768@75 and see if it will expand to fit - that may make the judder go away.

As I understood it, a PC did a good job at FRC. Maybe this is not the case or there is better software out there than what you are using. I personally think that FRC is something to be avoided more so than scaling.

-Ian

4. LcdGuru

LcdGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You really need to lock to the native field rate of the source to eliminate judder. 85Hz is unlikely to help. Any FRC in the DVD player or TV set is done by a crude frame-repetition or frame-dropping algorithm. I hope the sharp can lock to 50Hz via DVI - haven't tested mine yet. :rolleyes:

5. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    75Hz as suggested should lock on just fine for most deinterlacers ~ 3 x 25fps.

AV modes will accept 50Hz just fine - just at a limted range of resolutions.

6. hoyin

hoyin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh .. a bit lost here ...

so you are saying that with a DVI - PC connection I should try 75hz as it is 3x25hz.

The talk about DVI-AV cannot be tried as I am using DVI-PC and it therefore will not work if I pick the AV connection???

:confused: :confused:

Sorry just need a bit of clarification.