1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC26GA4 or Toshiba 30WL46?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by tesh, Jan 16, 2005.

1. tesh

tesh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am considering purchasing one of these two models to use mainly as a pc monitor. They are both around the same price and I was close to deciding on the Tosh but the Sharp seems to have a better resolution. Will this make much difference? Can anyone who uses either of these models with their pc's (via DVI connection) let me know what they think.

Cheers

Tesh

2. gnudi

gnudi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems that the 30WL46 cant go higher than 1024x768 via DVI...
    Not absolutely confirmed (I'm still trying) but seems to be the sad truth :(

3. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the DVI connection on my 30WL46 to feed it 1280x768 (native resolution) images from my scaler, so can't see why a PC would have any issues. It works magnificently! I would highly recommend it! In my opinion the superior looks and larger screen size make the Tosh the one to go for from your shortlist.
    See empire direct for a price of around £985...

4. gnudi

gnudi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I know you got 1280x768 from your scaler but till now I havent seen anybody succeeding from a pc and since its going to be his main usage , he has to know that, dont you think...
    If it wasnt about pc well I choosed the Tosh myself ;)

5. tesh

tesh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your feedback guys, I was leaning towards the Tosh as it is the bigger screen and I know for a fact the tv picture will be superb. Is the picture in picture any good? as I think I will be on the pc most of the time and want to watch tv in the corner