NNOMANN

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there!
I'm looking to buy an LCD TV and was wondering if anyone had any
opinions on my shortlist. I've narrowed it down to 2 that I'm
particularly interested in, but if anyone has any alternatives, I'd be
grateful for their advice.

1. Sharp LC26GA3E, 26" widescreen (res:1366x768)
http://www.sharp.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=909

Price: ~£1000

2. Toshiba 26WL46, 26" widescreen (res:1366x768)
http://snipurl.com/a9h3

Price: £900 - £1000

I've seen plenty of positive comments on the Tosh on this forum, but no mention of the Sharp - is there a good reason for this!?

Thanks,
NOMAN

I had my 26WL46 delivered on Saturday. I am getting a replacement as it was damaged in transit, but have still had a play around with it.

Picture with Freeview is excellent through SCART and DVD is excellent through component. Analogue TV is not that good, but that might be down to my signal. I havent tried any games consoles yet, but have heard some good reports form others on here.

I had a look at the Sharp, but didn't like the movement and colour as much on that as the Toshiba or Panasonic. It may just have been the set up where I saw them, however.

Worth noting that the new Toshiba 27WL46 (inc DVI) will be out in a couple of weeks at £985. I decided not to wait as I preferred the styling of the 26", and have no use for DVI (this is a bedroom TV). It may be better for you, though.

Hi daveb975.
Picture with Freeview is excellent through SCART and DVD is excellent through component. Analogue TV is not that good, but that might be down to my signal. I havent tried any games consoles yet, but have heard some good reports form others on here.

Thsnks for this. I should've mentioned what I'll be using the set for - Digital TV, Analogue TV, DVD and Games Console.

Worth noting that the new Toshiba 27WL46 (inc DVI) will be out in a couple of weeks at £985. I decided not to wait as I preferred the styling of the 26", and have no use for DVI (this is a bedroom TV). It may be better for you, though.

I've seen a few posts mentioning the 27WL46, but like you, I prefer the styling of the 26. About the DVI input - is this only necessary if you are likely to use the set with a computer (sorry about the newbie question)?

Cheers,
NOMAN

DVI input may also be useful if you have or are planning to get a DVI equipped DVD player - which are now available for less than £200.

I think the advantage of DVI for DVD at this screen size is questionable - but others may disagree with this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom