1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC26GA3E set up...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by INS_tha_rebel, Jul 8, 2005.

1. INS_tha_rebel

INS_tha_rebel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend any settings to get a good picture from the Sharp LC26GA3E. I have tried myself and it's either too bright or too dark.

Also, I have a Panasonic DMR-E55 connected to the Sharp LC26GA3E via component leads. When I go in the set up of the DVD player there are only a few options; Progressive (which I have turned on), Video with component, S-Video with component and RGB without component. If I set it to either video or s-video the picture is exactly the same, if I set it to RGB the picture is black and white.

Also when I watch DVDs I'm getting 580p, how do I get 720?

Any other useful tips for the Sharp LC26GA3E?

Thanks for the help guys...

Also, I have a Denon 1905 that has component connections.
    What benefits would I get from connecting to the Denon?

2. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
  3. INS_tha_rebel

INS_tha_rebel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply mate

The picture settings thread helps a lot

What 720p/1080i DVD players would u recommend?

4. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Glad to here. Bang for buck the samsung HD950 is what you require as it`s the same as the HD945 but comes with a HDMI to DVI convertor i believe which you will need (do a search on here to confirm though it does come with it). I think the HD850 outputs DVI straight of but these have been out abit and are near impossible to find. This samsung series is the one to go for though and is %100 compatible with the sharp at outputing 1080i where i heard a couple of upscaling dvd players struggle to output 1080i to the sharp.

5. INS_tha_rebel

INS_tha_rebel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What happens when Sky brings out HDTV because that will obviously require a DVI connection? What is the samsung HD950 like with component?

Is the samsung HD950 multi region or can it be made multi region via the remote control?