• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sharp LC26D44EBK or Toshiba 26AV505DB?

Torper

I've been putting off buying a new 26" TV but, fearful of imminent price rises in view of the performance of the pound sterling, I feel that delay might be an expensive option. I can't justify the cost of Sony or Panasonic models and have whittled my choice down to either the Sharp LC26D44EBK or the Toshiba 26AV505DB. Unfortunately I have been unable to see either of these sets in action, but I have been impressed by the picture quality of 32" models of each brand (sadly, I just don't have room for a 32" set). Both can be bought for about £300 and I'm leaning towards the Sharp as it apparently has a better quality panel, greater sound volume (2 x 10w as opposed to 2 x 7w) and I prefer the styling. People have also commented on the "natural" quality of the picture which I would prefer, but I have been perturbed by possible reliability issues. Like the Sharp, the Tosh has had good reviews and seems to have superior brightness (500 cd/m2 as opposed to 450) and dynamic contrast (30000:1 as opposed to the Sharp's 10000:1).

I suspect that either would be perfectly satisfactory, but wonder if anyone out there can give me any recommendation?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom