Sharp LC26D44EBK or Toshiba 26AV505DB?

Torper

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been putting off buying a new 26" TV but, fearful of imminent price rises in view of the performance of the pound sterling, I feel that delay might be an expensive option. I can't justify the cost of Sony or Panasonic models and have whittled my choice down to either the Sharp LC26D44EBK or the Toshiba 26AV505DB. Unfortunately I have been unable to see either of these sets in action, but I have been impressed by the picture quality of 32" models of each brand (sadly, I just don't have room for a 32" set). Both can be bought for about £300 and I'm leaning towards the Sharp as it apparently has a better quality panel, greater sound volume (2 x 10w as opposed to 2 x 7w) and I prefer the styling. People have also commented on the "natural" quality of the picture which I would prefer, but I have been perturbed by possible reliability issues. Like the Sharp, the Tosh has had good reviews and seems to have superior brightness (500 cd/m2 as opposed to 450) and dynamic contrast (30000:1 as opposed to the Sharp's 10000:1).

I suspect that either would be perfectly satisfactory, but wonder if anyone out there can give me any recommendation?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom