1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC26 GA5E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Tomdale, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am having a power problem with this unit.

On powering up the tv will go on for about a second then switch itself off - it then powers back up anf the tv works fine. The unit may actually go through this routine 2 - 3 times before switching on properly.

Have any other owners of the GA5E series had any problems like this.

The tv never switches off once it is on and seems to works perfectly.
    Any opinions from users would be great.

2. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anybody???? Even one person got this problem?

3. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    URGENT - anybody at all?

4. sPHINN

sPHINN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same model and from the sound of it, it had the very same problem. I took it to a TV repair shop and he said it sounded like a defective power supply. After a while I returned the set because it took too long to get the parts..

Edit: after a while my set would hardly turn on at all. Sometimes I had to stand there pushing the damn on-button for close to 20 minutes before it suddenly would turn itself on. Kinda weird. It didn't shut off afterwards, but the next day; same problem!

5. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have some chips replaced AND the power supply board and the board that contains the scarts etc. Still the problems persists.

My mate has the 32" version and he has the same problem -both ours are no way near as bad as yours.

Sharp have stated that they will replace the set but I amthinking it may have the same problem. In fact I may even get a worse set as the one I have at the mo has a great picture and sound.

6. james_n_w

james_n_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have experienced that problem a few times too, but only when the tv is on the component input and it has not been getting any signal (ie my dvd is switched off).

Is yours on that input too? or does it happen on all inputs?

James

7. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My TV is connected via ntl to the RGB scart. My DVD is connected to the other scart. I have no component connections.

8. ricey

ricey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got the 37" and have had no probs at all and the pic quality is great now i fine tuned it even sky is good usin rgb scart :smashin:

9. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What do you think of the PQ watching football. Do you have a sort of watering effect?

10. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have know such problems watching footie on my 32', through NTL but then I am probably sitting approx about 10ft away from the screen, the close I get I would expect to start seeing some degradation in PQ.

Could be you may need to tinker with the settings, I'm sure there is a few threads with other people's settings on.

11. ricey

ricey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    footie looks ok bit blurry sometimes depends wot channel ur watchin or if its a away leg in dodgy country but i only sit about 7 and a half feet away from set which is a bit close 4 the size :oops:

12. Spangle2k5

Spangle2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Own an LC26GA5E and have not experienced any problems with the power at all.

It did start switching off every few seconds when on the PC input and then I realised that I have power management on. Try switching this off and see if it does the trick.

I sometimes see a slight blur on a moving image but it is very rare and I think that I do look for it to be honest. Have not watched footie because I'm not a fan :p