Sharp LC22sv2e LCD TV in our Bedroom - Picture Advice

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dunbad, Oct 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dunbad

dunbad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Hi

I'm kinda new on this forum?

I have just bought this LCD TV after reading all the excellent past reveiws on Home Cinema Choice etc.

I bought it from Empiredirect.co.uk for £698.00 V Cheap I thought as a year ago it was £2500.00.

I have mounted it to our bedroom wall on a Vogal EFW 1030 bracket which is superb.

I have connected the RF2 out cable from the SKY+ box with a Triax magic eye.

My only concern is the picture quality which is quite poor and RF2 only sends out Mono sound from the SKY+ box.

I know idealy I need to connect the LCD to the SKY box via Scart utilising RGB. The problem there is that to get a scart lead to the LCD would mean me drilling quite a large hole to fit the plug through. So I would be pleased if anyone could give me any advice.

By the way I have tried a Tevion wireless video sender but that was really poor.

Look forward to your help.

Thanks

2. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26

What about using a S-Video+2phonos to S-Video+2phonos connection instead wich would require a smaller hole, give better picture quality than composite, RF or a video sender and free up both scart sockets on the Sky+ box?

3. dunbad

dunbad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Boingobandit!!

I have been on the phone to Sky today to try and get a good cheap deal on an extra Sky+ box for our bedroom.

They want £149 for the box etc and £10 a month for the second subscription.

A bit expensive just to acheive an RGB signal? Would S Video be much lesser quality than RGB scart. Baering in mind its an LCD in the bedroom. Also can you buy a cable with all the wires in one outer sheath as it will be outside in the elements.

Again Thanks

4. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26

The original Sky+ box can output S-Video to the bedroom. As I mentioned the plug will be a lot smaller.

OK, the quality won't be quite as good as RGB scart but for a screen that small you won't see too much of a difference. I would advise not using ultra cheap cable though. The cable mentioned above would be sufficient.

6. PeteCallaway

PeteCallaway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I was just wondering if you came up with a neat solution - I'm in the same boat as you ;)

Cheers,
    Pete