1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC-M3700 - HDCP Compliant and 50hz capable?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by flexiondotorg, Oct 25, 2005.

1. flexiondotorg

flexiondotorg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

A couple of questions...

1. Is the DVI-D input on the LC-M3700 is HDCP compliant?
    2. Can the LC-M3700 be run at 50hz native resoultion via DVI-D?

Some of these questions have been asked before, but different posters has different opinions. See this thread...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198246

I haven't been able to find anything on the web to indicate that the LC-M3700 is HDCP compliant but some vendors are advertising them as HD-Ready, perhaps this is an error on their part?

If anyone can suggest other LCD panels/monitors (32" - 40") which are HDCP compliant please post them too.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. DanDT

DanDT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Well you can rest assured that if you see a HD-Ready logo on a TV, they are HDCP compliant through either DVI or HDMI.

If, when you take it home, you see that's not the case, then you're fully entitled to take it back, bitch a lot and get a proper HDTV.

3. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    The DVI input is not HDCP compliant according to Sharp, if you read through that thread(i've been running the LCM3700 for nearly a year now) since it is designed primarily as a PC input rather than a video input, but i'm happily using it with my OPPO DV971 dvd player, which has a non HDCP DVI output, without any problems

I don't know specifically if it runs at 50hz, but i do know that it accepts all HD signals (480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i) from my DVD player in PAL and NTSC, although it does display that it is playing Pal60 when it is feed a Pal60 signal, so i expect that it can take a 50hz and 60hz signal

I for one am not too worried about HDCP compliance, as i have seen some posts of devices out there already that can strip the HDCP from the signal, so by the time HD becomes affordable enough, these devices should be ten a penny.

Apart from that it's been a great screen so far, using it as my main tv, computer monitor and for watching DVD's

4. flexiondotorg

flexiondotorg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for your feedback. I did see the post from someone saying that Sharp said it was not HDCP compliant, but I have seen several posts (on other forums) that it is HDCP compliant.

I am inclined to go with you on this though, I can fond nothing official to state that it is HDCP compliant and therefore I doubt it is. From the spec sheet I download earlier from Sharp is does look like it can be run at 50hz and 60hz natvei res though :)