Sharp LC-70LE836E

Energy consumption of 199w is absolutely unbelievable for a 70" set. Thats a full 41w less than my 46" Samsung LCD. Incredible!

Hi,

Does anyone know when will this be on sale ? I wanted to buy the 60" version but I do play a lot and I'm guessing this one (with 200Hz) will work better with my ps3 ?

just had an email from sharp, this model will be in the uk in march:clap:

And the 80 inch bad boy is on there -

LCD TV - Sharp

Nice.........CNET review isn't bad either, at the money they are going for down here in Oz, these TV's are a steal......

Here's the Ozzie site: http://www.sharp.net.au/product-catalogue/products/LC70LE735X/

That's good money, convered to GBP it comes out to approx 3,200 pounds to give you something to work with over there.

Last edited:
Sorry, I posted this on the wrong thread, so reposted here:

So far as I can tell these are the models released in the U.K and U.S - would imagine the 836 UK version is the same as the 735 US version.

U.K LC70LE836E - 3d

http://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/...tml/lcd-tv.htm

U.K LC80LE646E - 2d

http://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/...tml/lcd-tv.htm

U.S LC70LE735U - 3d

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Home...C70LE735U.aspx

U.S LC70LE734U - 2d

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Home...C70LE734U.aspx

AU: LC70LE735X - 3d I'm guessing but not mentioned on AU website:

http://www.sharp.net.au/product-cata...ts/LC70LE735X/

Why change the model number for different regions around the world though ???

The 70 inch 735 on display at a store down here, check out that price, approx 3,000 GBP:

February001.jpg

February002.jpg

Regards

Hi guys and girls, I have found a couple of Sharps new beasts online for special order. Ill post the links below.

SHARP LC60LE741E - 60" 3D-LED FreeviewHD SmartTV 1080P 100Hz WiFi-ready | Power Direct Online Electrical Superstore

SHARP LC80LE646E - 80" LED FreeviewHD Smart TV HD-1080P 100Hz WiFi-ready | Power Direct Online Electrical Superstore

I was going to buy the lc60le636e but i might wait and see how much the lc70le741e and lc70le836e are going to be. I can take or leave 3D but if the lc60le741e is £1299.99 or around that then i would just get that instead of the 636e model which is the same price atm in some retailers.

£3800 for an 80" TV is a total bargain!

Once we are back in the UK (hopefully around July) I'll see how much room we have in the main living room for either the 70 or 80 incher - not fussed over 3d now. Would get it calibrated properly.

looks like this is the only choice for a TV in the 70" range. The Samsung 70" at CES seems to have disappeared.......

Reading over on AVS that the new models being released soon in the US will be edge lit and not full array back lit.... :-(

Yes its a pity that they all go for edge leds. I hoped that there also would be a serie with full led backlight without local dimming like the LE705 had.

I still looking for a 60'' with low inputlag for mainly gaming, its a pity the 60le636 has such a horrible inputlag ( even in game mode ) I heard.

Well I ventured to the shops today here in Melbourne, Australia to find a 70" Sharp. The model I found on display was LC70LE735X with a sticker price of AU$4199. According to the Sharp Australia website this is the ONLY 70" model currently available in Australia :(

Have to say the bezel and thickness of this model wasn't the greatest and seemed inferior to the 60" Sharp (and way inferior to the very sexy 64" Samsungs, both Plasma and LED)...very reminiscent of TVS from a few years back.

The picture was gorgeous playing Bluray, don't know about SD as I didn't try that. Definitely NO 3D on this model from what I saw :( One big advantage is the 3 year manufacturer warranty compared to the 12mths with the other brands although I hear Sharp Australia service is very hard to deal with.

So is this a 2011 or 2012 model? It seems it only made it to the shops in December 2011! So I wonder when the 2012 models will hit...Dec 2012??

Wondering if I should wait another month or two for the 2012 model. I'm keen for the 70 inches but at $1300 more than a 64" Samsung plasma I'm trying hard to justify paying so much more for an additional 5.5" diagonal and somewhat inferior specs and design.

Last edited:
Hey Buddy,

I'm down here in Melbourne also.

Where did you see that price ?

Also, I emailed Sharp Australia, they came back to stating 80 inch should be available from April...

The manager at JBHiFi Chadstone told me he is sure there will be an LG 85 inch available towards the end of the year also.

Regards

Hey Buddy,

I'm down here in Melbourne also.

Where did you see that price ?

Also, I emailed Sharp Australia, they came back to stating 80 inch should be available from April...

The manager at JBHiFi Chadstone told me he is sure there will be an LG 85 inch available towards the end of the year also.

Regards

Hey Norm,
The TV was at Harvey Norman Northland with a sticker special price of $4199 and an RRP sticker claiming that it used to be $5799 (yeah right! even when Sharp's own website says a lot less than that).

Do you know if Sharp is intending of releasing the newer model 70" as well in April or just the 80"?

I'm just debating on whether to grab this older Full Array model (but no 3D and thicker bezel) or look at it again in April.

It seems the the prices on the new models overseas have jumped considerably (across many manufacturers) so I am weary if it is wise to wait for newer models.

Last edited:
drzeus said:
Hey Norm,
The TV was at Harvey Norman Northland with a sticker special price of $4199 and an RRP sticker claiming that it used to be $5799 (yeah right! even when Sharp's own website says a lot less than that).

Do you know if Sharp is intending of releasing the newer model 70" as well in April or just the 80"?

I'm just debating on whether to grab this older Full Array model (but no 3D and thicker bezel) or look at it again in April.

It seems the the prices on the new models overseas have jumped considerably (across many manufacturers) so I am weary if it is wise to wait for newer models.

Hey Buddy,

I have been reading plenty on the owners threads over on AVSForums. Looks like the next 70incher will be edge lit rather than full array back lit.

Only the 80 incher will be full array backlit in the states.

The other thing though is the newer sets are supposed to be 240 refresh rather than the current 120.

Have a read of the Sharp owners threads over there, search by my user name if you want you'll see my posts.

Regards

Hi all,

Just had the chance to do a Plasma v LCD side by side down here at a major retail store without the usual bright in store lighting.

65ST30 vs LC60LE830, both playing same bluray movie both with movie picture settings.

The ST30 had a slight noticeable flicker most of the time whereas the Sharp was a smooth seem less picture.

Both had very good colour reproduction and blacks during dark scenes, however for me the Sharp edged it.

Regards

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom