1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC-45GD1E replacement?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by asdavies, Jun 7, 2005.

1. asdavies

asdavies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know if sharp are going to bring out a replacement for the LC45GD1E in the near future?

I have noticed that the price is starting to come down to something of a reasonable level ( if you can call £4,500 reasonable :) ).

Thanks

Steve...

2. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,359
    Since it's becoming more and more accessible to get a good 32" model for well less than 2K, nearly 3K more for an extra 12" seems a bit steep:D

I guess the fact that not many companies are doing 45" Models has a lot to do with it

Once we get a lot more 42"++ models coming out then shirley prices must fall :)

3-3.5K by Y/E????

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    sharps GD1E range is the flag ship range and currently the 45" only comes in GD1E form it is very possible that they will produce a lower spec or cheaper 45" or replace the whole GD1E line with another model range, sharp have some new smaller panels due soon so expect there to be some changes, I'm not up to speed on the sharp developments at the moment but this forum is usually pretty bang up to date, keep an eye out.

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Its also got twice as many pixels :thumbsup:

5. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    a friend who is half reliable tells me that there is a monitor only version out soon,but that would not itself bring down the price of the current model

6. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Does it do 1080p at 50/60hz? Just with the PS3 having 1080p, and Blu-Ray likely to also.....

Still, If I could justify spending near £5k on a tvm, I might be tempted to wait for a few more 1080p screens to be released. Especially as Sony has their 46" LED screen that is supposed to give far better colour and brightness than an lcd due to thej fact it has no backlight. Then there are Toshiba's 1080p SEd tvs out this year that apparantly combine the benefits of crts colour, contrast and brightness with a digital flatscreen.