Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sharp LC-45 hidden IR codes?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Dr Pete, May 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dr Pete

Dr Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I finally did it. I bought a Sharp LC-45G1X :clap: . Love it but its been a long road setting it up how I like it. More on that and my screen settings in another post later.

Now something you don't take note of in the store :rolleyes:. You cannot switch the Sharp's input directly say from Component (input 3 in the Aus model) to DVI (input 5). There is no button for each input. You must hit the Input button the required number of times to use the menu to scroll from 3 to 5 (3 presses in this case, the first to display where you are). Now this means you cannot sensibly program a learning/programmable remote such as my Marantz RC3200.

However, Sharp does provide direct selection of input and other menu driven functions such as Wide mode via RS232 commands. Thus I'm looking into this IR to RS232 converter which supports Sharp RS232.

http://www.celadon.com/infrared_receiver_specs/IRC-38_serial_rs232_specs.htm

However, if the RS232 can do it, why didn't the put it on the remote. It is possible that the IR commands exist but they decided not the clutter the remote. Thus my question is, does anyone know of other Sharp IR codes that may work on their LCD screens? Can inputs be selected directly for their other screens?

2. LcdGuru

LcdGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dr Pete,

If I remember correctly you can also change inputs by first pressing the 'input' button followed by the number of the input you want (eg. 4 for DVI). Still 2 keystokes - but faster than scrolling thru the menu and waiting for the timeout to select DVI.

Regards

3. Dr Pete

Dr Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately that doesn't work on this LC45. Maybe its just the Aussie remote but there is no 'Input' button per say, just a Tv/Video button which accesses the Input menu. Alas Tv/Input and say '4' doesn't work, it goes to channel 4 on the TV.

I have made a little progress today though and got the code for Input 5 (DVI) off the net. Still hunting for the others....

4. Dr Pete

Dr Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found codes for inputs 1-5 on the net at

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?2049,1

While these work on the LC45 G4 and G6 models (as well as most other Sharp LCDs), they don't appear to work of the LC-45G1X here in Australia.

I have sent the RS232 specs in the G1X manual to the IR-to-RS232 box manufacturer posted above (Celadon.com) and they have confrimed that thier unit (approx US$190) should work just fine. As it runs on 6-20vDC, and I imagine it uses less than 7 watts :eek: it should work nicely powered by the 45's controller unit's DC output. This may be the only way to go unless someone out there has the G1X's IR codes and of course, posts them.

P.

5. Tunemaker

Tunemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dr Pete,
    I too just purchased the Sharp LC-45G1X in Melbourne and came up with the same problem while trying to program my remote.

I have two questions for you:

1. Would you mind sending me the codes for the DVI input that you got to successfully work? That would at least enable me to 'anchor' a macro to select inputs.

2. Did you get in contact with Sharp Australia to see if they would provide you with the codes? I was planning on giving them a call.

T