Sharp LC-37XD1E. Banding and stuck pixels

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by nonemany, Apr 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. nonemany

nonemany
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there. This is my second Sharp LC-37XD1E and I have had this set for a little over 2 and a half months. My screen has 5 stuck pixels roughly around the centre of the screen and is displaying banding issues. I spoke to share aquos tech line and they said that the 37 inch sets should not have banding. However, when the engineer called he said that banding was acceptable. I think the engineer who called to my house is putting his report into sharp, and I was told that it will be taken away for repair. Have I got a case to get a replacement (I have a 3 year warranty) Thanks for any help with this.

2. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    cant understand that.
    you should have contacted the retailer first,and not sharp.
    if the banding is unnacceptable,and the dead pixels are prominent enough to ruin normal viewing,then i would say its up to be replaced.
    whereas now,you are at the discretion of sharp,and they wont want to waste a new unit on you.
    that "its within normal limits" is total rubbish.
    if its a feature,put it on the box,if not,its a fault.
    i would contact the retailer,trading standards,and check out the DTI sale of goods act.
    its under 6 months old,its up to the retailer to prove it wasnt faulty at the time of purchase.

3. nonemany

nonemany
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply RottenFox. Looks like I made a mistake then by contacting sharp first. Any way, at least they have concured that there is indeed faults with my set. Would my next step be, to contact the online retailer from whom I bought the set from and arrange an exchange from them? Thanks for any more info and help.

4. nonemany

nonemany
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bump! Any more suggestions please.:thumbsup: