Sharp LC-37P50E - owners' opinions?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dbone, Sep 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dbone

dbone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

now that the PAL optimised SHARP P50 LCD series has been out for a while, are there any 37" owners out there, and how have you been getting on with this set?

I'm generally hearing good things regarding its handling of PAL tv and DVD but in particular I'd like to know:

1) What's it like with a 480-p component DVD source?

2) Have you tried ANY HD material on it (eg 780-p) and if so how good does this look?

3) Have you connected a PC/laptop up to it? How well does it do this? I guess this is only over HDMI (DVI)? What modes/res does it support?

Questions open to 32" owners also :)

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I'll be getting my 37P50 on Thursday so I'll be posting my comments/reviews shortly afters. Unfortunately I don't as yet have a component DVD player so I won't be able to comment on progressive input whether it be SD or upscaled HD, also I probably won't be hooking a PC either. Having said that I'll let you know just how well it handles Sky+ and standard DVD over RGB Scart.

3. goldie350

goldie350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my set three days ago, I am still trying to get a picture that I am happy with. It is getting better each day and I think after it has a few more hours
    under its belt it will be fine. Sometimes the picture is very real and accurate,
    the fine detail is superb ( see the fine downy hair on faces etc.. ) and it has more depth than previous Tosh. 36" digital crt. I am only using basic scart and
    Phillips freeveiw box at present with a new £ 130. arial and new digital screened cable. Sometimes it shows a bit of movement blur but I am still playing around with the screen settings so it could be me !.The sound is ok but I dont use the built in speakers much as I run the sound through my
    Onkyo reciever and Kef / Jamo/ Gale Sub.
    I will be setting it all up with decent cables to DVD and Digi Box in the next couple of weeks so I will report back on expected improvements.
    Overall I am pleased with the set, just different from crt.

4. getdownmonkeyma

getdownmonkeyma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My in-laws have bought one today, can you give a heads up as to your current settings, so I have somewhere to start when setting it up.

Cheers