Sharp LC-37GD7E - where to buy?

pete s

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm now fairly sure that I'm going to get the Sharp LC-37GD7E for my new living room set-up. I had also considered the GA6, the JVC LT-37DS6 and the Toshiba 37WLT58 (feel free to add your views on these sets also).

Having made my decision on which one to buy, the next decision is where to buy it?

I've just had a quick search and am getting competitive prices from:

Go Electrical (£1772 + £25 P&P)
TV & Video Direct (£1762 + £70 P&P)
Shop at Digital (£1794 inc P&P)
Cheap Electricals (£1805 in P&P)

Anyone got any experience of any of these mail order suppliers?

Only 'Shop at Digital' make mention of the free Sharp 3 year guarantee - I assume though it should be available at from all suppliers?

I've not enquired regarding stock at any of the above yet, so have no idea regarding waiting/delivery times.

Hi Pete, see sharp web site - it is a special offer from sharp running till xmas

The GD7 has a 3 year warranty as standard, so don't sweat the fact only one reseller has made a point of this.
Looks like you used pricerunner and dealtime - the cheapest was xpresstek @ 1739 or 49, but no mention of delivery cost.
First thing I'd do is call or e-mail them all and ask their stock availability and delivery time.
There was another member who purchased from xpresstek and had a very good experience with them, including a call from them to let him know it had been sent. So, the cheapset can sometimes be the best as well.

pete s said:
I've just had a quick search and am getting competitive prices from:

Go Electrical (£1772 + £25 P&P)
TV & Video Direct (£1762 + £70 P&P)
Shop at Digital (£1794 inc P&P)
Cheap Electricals (£1805 in P&P)

Anyone got any experience of any of these mail order suppliers?

My experience of cheapelectricals was not good - they had the JVC37Ds6 for 1338.99 I queried to ensure this price would be fixed once I place the order, after ignoring the question two times they responded to my thrid e-mail and advised that that price was for previous stocks, new stocks were available at a slightly higher price... which turned out to be over £1600.. not a good experience really.
Anyway on the subject of 37 inch LCD's I have looked at the Sharp, at the JVC (although finding one to see in the flesh is nigh on impossible) and the Tosh WLT58 _ I am currently leaning to the Tosh which I saw with the Sharp - to my untrained eye there was very little to distinguish performance - at least not enough to justify the £200 difference - the sharp is more aesthetically pleasing though - nicer style

Offer runs till xmas... hmm, might mean I get on a buy it then!

pjskel, you're right, xpresstek are cheaper, just. I've dropped them an e-mail asking about lead time and delivery cost. They currently show no stock.

Northerner76, thanks for your feedback. It's always good to hear from others who've used these places before spending this sort of cash. And yeah, the 37WLT58 is close second place for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom