Sharp LC-37GA6E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by AntBanks, Nov 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. AntBanks

AntBanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +462
    Well seeing as my new Sharp LC-37GA6E is being delivered tomorrow and its my first venture into LCD ans HD i thought i would write my first thread, So hello ALL hope its in the correct section, so i apologise if it isnt. :smashin:

Not much to say really, except i hope i have made a good choice of display, i have read huge ammounts of posts on here and after initially choosing the Sharp LC-37P50E i changed it to the GA6E mainly due to the fact my Xbox 360 will be in my grubby little hands on the 2nd of December. and the P50 isn't full HD ready, only compatible. think i got that right. :D

So, skiving tomorrow, should be with me at 11am. Can anyone confirm that i have made a good choice :eek:

now all i have to do is choose which DVD's i want to watch again out of my 500 strong collection ;)

2. fishblues2

fishblues2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Please let me know how you get on, I have shelved my plans for the Samsung beacuse JL have none in stock so I cannot get a price match with a warranty.

This TV was my second choice, its only my second choice because I have not seen many reviews. I will be really intersted in how it displays SD source material as that will be a large part of my viewing for a while.

3. Dan Gleebitz

Dan Gleebitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi cascade,

As fishblues2 says, any kind of review of this screen would be great as there doesn't seem to be much info around here or on the internet.

Hope it arrives safely at your door. Definitely worth the skive if you ask me. ;)

4. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    great news bud im after this one me self, please take some pics and post em here:)

im sure there will be few question you will be asked

5. Dan Gleebitz

Dan Gleebitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    It doesn't mention on Sharp's website that this set has an HDMI connection but it has DVI. But on some retail websites it mentions HDMI, what's the crack?

6. AntBanks

AntBanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +462

sharps Uk website is *****, i've seen the full spec and i can assure you it has HDMI

I will be posting pics and a full review once i've set it up tomorrow :thumbsup:

7. themanwithapc

themanwithapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I've got the smaller version of this (26") and can confirm that it indeed does have HDMI, but no DVI. It also has component, VGA and 2 scart sockets (one is RGB).

I've had the TV almost a week now, and I'm extremely happy with it. I considered the sony BRAVIA S Series and the Sammy, but ended up settling on this as a sort of middle ground. Someone who knows what they are doing can probably get exactly what they want from this set, as there's all sorts of settings to tinker with, including backlight adjustment. Another thing to note is that this TV looks VERY nice in real life. I haven't seen a photo yet which complements this set properly.

The only problem with this set so far is the VGA. Using it gives a 'white box' effect, where you see lots of little white squares on black colours. These boxes are there on other colours too, but aren't seen as easily. this doesn't happen on 800x600 and goes away after a while, so I don't know what it could be.

Other than that, an excellent TV, and a great alternative to the more popular sets on the market.

8. pete s

pete s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Another one here very interested to hear your review/comments.

My choice is now down to the Sharp 37" GA6 or GD7 (if it is worth the extra) and I'm reading with interest about the 40" Sony 'V' series Bravia.

Piccies would be good too once you've got it all set-up.