• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sharp LC-32P50E Oddity

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Hi Folks,

Thought i'd enquire here first in case it's something obvious i'm missing but...

I've had the above set for about 18 months now and recently i've noticed quite dim 1 inch vertical green bands appearing when running through the HDMI socket, i initially thought the problem was my DVD player, but i've recently acquired a Netgear EVA8000 and the problem still exists. It is only really noticeable when the scene is incredibly dark, or there is nothing playing but the source is active...

Any ideas? I know Sharp have had some handshake issues but i'd be surprised if this was the issue... i've acquired another HDMi cable in case that is the problem - will test it tonight but am a little puzzled as to what else it may be.

Fortunately i took out the extended warranty when i bought from Richer Sounds so if it is an issue that needs a repair i'm not too concerned but would like the problem fixed if possible!

TIA

Scott

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Any ideas folks?

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Help!

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
And one last go...

Is it worth contacting Sharp direct about this, i've not had any experience dealing with TV issues before!

gusf1

Hi

It is definitely worth contacting Sharp. Sharpserv (http://www.sharpserv.co.uk/) carry out maintenance for them and while this is generally only for sets within the original manufacturer's warranty, they may be able to offer advice (they did when something went wrong with mine)

Your extended warranty is with Richer Sounds so you should speak to them about actually getting it repaired however sharpserv may be able to help you diagnose the fault

Good luck!

Gus

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom