Sharp LC-32P50E Ghost in the machine?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by royzada, Oct 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. royzada

royzada
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help !!!!- after lot of advice from this forum have just got the above LCD yesterday. Working fine until today - menu options seem to be coming on by themselves every few seconds! Turned Sky off as I read about interference in IR signal and also took batteries out of the remotes. Still the freeze tv option comes on followed by all the menu options one by one as if someone was sitting there and pushing the buttons! I can easily cancel hem by pressing the return ot menu function, but ihe routine of options coming up by themselves persists!

Help; or do I need an exorcist?? :lease: :rolleyes:

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Does the TV have a demo mode?

3. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Do you have the Demo option enabled? Go to the Option menu and look under Demo and make sure all options are turned off.

Ian, you beat me to it :)

4. royzada

royzada
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the prompt reply guys! Will give it a go, hopefully thats all it is.

BTW, is the hype around 'best TV for PAL signals' just that - hype? Picture via Sky digital is good, but analogue tuner is pants compared to my old Sony CRT (which is what I expected, but did not think it would be this bad)

5. Gordon D

Gordon D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I get a great a picture when I'm using the aerial. I had to fine tune a couple of channels that the auto setup found though before they came in nice and clear.

6. Aitch2

Aitch2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heh! Just has the same probs with my 32 P50 - Had enabled the Demo mode yesterday last thing, then forgotten about it - and this am when I turned on - was getting regular 'ghost' IR Commands - with the 'picture freeze' and menus coming up. I had tried removing the remote batteries and even blanking the IR receiver eye on the unit before I found this thread - phew! :rtfm: :hiya:

Aitch

7. royzada

royzada
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good to know I am not the only :oops: geek here, Aitch - how r u getting on with ur tv - btw, did you buy on e-bay? Saw feedback from similar name when I left my feedback.

Roy

8. Aitch2

Aitch2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah - from 'Spot-on Deals' - £735 - "Mr Sharp, I am liking your work..." :clap:

Aitch

9. royzada

royzada
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good one! I bought from Spot on as well - and then saw it at John Lewis for £955 but with free delivery, 5 yr guarantee and Sharp stand (£149) thrown in as well afer negotiation :mad: :mad: . Anyway, am very happy with it after fooling around with settings. Have you got a skybox; if so, wha RGB Scart are you using? I have a cheapo one and am wondering if I should upgrade.

10. Aitch2

Aitch2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope - no Sky (why would I want to pay Murdoch anything?!) - Just a BT-badged Setpal Freeview box - with RGB-capable Scart...Proline Gold Scart cable...good enough for me.

May eventually go for an HDMI-capable DVD player (Denon 1920?) - but that can wait for now...

Aitch