Sharp LC-32GD7E

robe1101

Standard Member
Reaction score
After months of reading Ive finally took the plunge and my Sharp lc32gd7e should arrive today - hope I won't be disappointed. I must say im suprised at how little info there is on this screen but what I have found seems to be good - will soon see.

Has anyone got any tips on setup or is it just a case of have a play....

I will be hooking it up to a Denon 1920 and showcentre 200 (hi def)

Just hope the freeview picture is half decent or the missus will kill me

robe1101 said:

R.I.P :D

No, only joking I am sure it will be OK but do let us know what the missus thinks as I have to keep the wife on-side when I finally take the plunge.

She has seen hi-def demos in stores and while I keep telling her it won't look like that on freeview an absolutely appalling freeview picture would see me banished I think.

That is one reason I have been thinking of a Sharp P50 !!

Dave

robe1101 said:
After months of reading Ive finally took the plunge and my Sharp lc32gd7e should arrive today - hope I won't be disappointed. I must say im suprised at how little info there is on this screen but what I have found seems to be good - will soon see.

Has anyone got any tips on setup or is it just a case of have a play....

I will be hooking it up to a Denon 1920 and showcentre 200 (hi def)

robe1101,
I'm almost in the same boat. I want the GD7 for a 1920 hook up. Please let me know how you get on as I still want to take the plunge with this one, however I've had a late 'waiver' when I saw the Panny TX500 in action the other day with a HD source (superb PQ). I still much prefer the styling of the Sharp (I also have a GA4 in another room, and therefore would probably look much better I think with 2 Sharps as opposed to 1 Sharp and 1 Panny etc.) and would 'get my plastic out' in a flash if I could get a decent review / owners view on its actual performance.

Regards, jonandjen.

Yeah man, I am in dat boat too!

Gotta keep the missus happy so she can watch Super Nanny!

Seriously though I just started having a look at these Sharp's (GD7E series) today after seeing the Panny 32LXD500 yesterday in Currys. Believe it or not they had a half decent feed :eek: and also connected it up to the HD source feeding the LG LX2R screens which always look so good. The Panny does have v good looks and the picture was excellent.

However I can't help but being put off by the matt screen. I just love glossy screens (like the LG 32LX2R). So can anyone tell me if the Sharp 32GD7E has a glossy or matt screen please?

Please let the Sharp be glossy and have some decent reviews! :thumbsup:

Sorry traffic,

The Sharp is definitely Matt I'm afraid. It's for the best honest. There is far less glare of the matt screens. Better for watching in light rooms / bright lighting conditions etc, especially if you have window anywhere in the room that is opposite / in line with the screen.

Thanks jonandjen.

The screen will be opposite (offset by 30-40 degrees) a large bay window so I suppose reflections will be an issue. Nice one!

Might pop in to Comet to see the Sharp, it does sound good...

Well finally got my hands on it ... albeit the lc37gd7e - warehouse sent the wrong one :D

Anyway first impressions are excellent, piture quailty through inbuilt digital tuner is for the most part on par with my sony 32" crt. Ocassionly get some glitches on ITV but Im in a area thats pretty poor for freeview recption.

Dvds are amazing and thats only using rgb (still need to get my hands on a Denon 1920 so I can try hdmi)

Pictures using sky are excellent and as for hidef content through the show center ... its fantastic

As mentioned earlier i have the 37" version by mistake which I though would be too big for my room (viewing distance is just under 3m) but the picture quality is still superb - far better in fact than I was expecting

I haven't had chance to fiddle with all the settings yet as unless I can come to some deal with the manager it may have to go back and be replaced with the 32", but I would definatley recommend this screen - even the misus wants to keep it and thats saying something

Will post a more detailed review when Ive had chane to play with it more ... lets hope the manager is in a good mood :D

Nice on robe1101,

Keep us posted on the detailed review, when you have had chance to have a play etc.

jonandjen.

Dude, if it has to go back because of size dont do it!! Sell it on ebay or in the loot, sell it for £100 more than the 32" costs and order another 32". Just tell the manager if he asks that you loved the first 32" so much you had to have a second!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom