1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC-32GA3E/4E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Skiny, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Skiny

Skiny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if there is any difference in the audio quality from the speakers on both the GA3E & GA4E? Would the GA4E be better with two speakers? Or doesn't it make any difference?

Thanks

2. NNOMANN

NNOMANN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you demo'd one of these sets? I'm thinking of getting one, but have yet to see a review or display model.

NOMAN

3. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

The GA3E and GA4E are identical apart from there being a stereo pair of speakers on the bottom (GA3E) and a stereo pair on the side (GA4E). There would be a very slight increase in quality from the GA4E in terms of stereo image purely because the speakers are further away from each other. Some people may not even notice due to the room size, shape, situation (wall mount/pedestal stand) and seating location etc...

The GA3E does have stereo speakers.

I hope this helps.

Regards

4. Skiny

Skiny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I haven't seen one yet, but from what I've read, they're very good.

5. pers-ki-kot

pers-ki-kot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw LC-26GA4E and 26GA3E today. They are the same shape like LC-32GA3E/4E but a bit smaller. In my opinion 4E looks somehow narrow in real. You know, wide panel + speakers. I would rather buy 3E model, it has more traditional shape :)
    The sound is good and I think it is quite the same in 3E/4E models. The question is how would you like to listen to it? Remember that both 3E/4E have some adjustable sound enhancements implemented. IMHO the choice depends only on your preferences. One may prefer to have sources located closer and other farther to each other. The next is how far from the front you will be, if closer the sound will seem to be wider on 4E. Moreover you can attach 4 (or 4.1) more speakers and force TV speakers to work as centre speaker. In such configuration 3E may have an advantage over 4E, but again - everything depends only on your preferences.

Regardless anything about it I bet on more traditional look, but this is only my opinion.

pers-ki-kot

6. paul812uk

paul812uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First post!

I saw a LC26GA3E and a LC32GA4E last weekend along with a Philips 32PF9986, Sony KDL-L32MRX1, and Panasonic TX-32LXD1. Was shocked to see all in the same shop and only 2 miles from where I live.

Of the two Sharps I personnally prefered the look of the 4E.

Both were displaying analogue so a relatively poor feed but from close up (couple of feet) there were obvious jagged edges around peoples faces. The wife was with me and she wasn't happy.

However whether you would notice from 2 meters away is another matter and they are very attratively priced and 3 years guarantee ... Perhaps I'll go back and ask to see it on a progressive scan DVD or freeview feed.

The philips had the same analogue feed and the picture was much better (cleaner and no visible jagged edges to my eye) but there again it is £600 more.

7. NNOMANN

NNOMANN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I managed to demo a LC32GA3E last night and I must say, I was impressed. The viewing angle appeared to be greater than the quoted 170, the contrast was as good as anything else I've seen (LCD only of course) and I couldn't detect any ghosting, even when viewing football (England-Germany DVD).

Presuming that the 26" is the same quality of screen, I have definitely decided to buy one of these. In addition, Sharp are offering a 3 year At Home warrantee and Empire Direct have just reduced the price to £900.

Cheers,
    NOMAN

8. weebroonieuk

weebroonieuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no ghosting is a plus point do you guys think that with a good source like dvi or playstation 2 via component i would notice blockiness or ghosting from a few feet ?