1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC-26P50E any reviews yet?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by roddersmg, Aug 4, 2005.

1. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone seen any reviews for the Sharp LC-26-P50E? This is a new 26" LCD TV with a resolution specifically for PAL/SECAM. Sharp claim that this will give improved PQ when used with analogue/freeview off air broadcasts. This is said to be due to the reduced screen resolution which exactly matches the current broadcast requirements. Any opionions would be welcome, I have been very disappointed with off air PQ on demos that I have seen on JVC, Panasonic, Phillips products. Too many digital artefacts, and noise, could this Sharp be the answer?

2. jobseeker

jobseeker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    There are a couple of recent threads re the Sharp 'P' series, though none has come to any definite conclusions so far. So much depends on personal viewing habits and partnering equipment with all these lcd/plasma sets. I have the 37" on order, supposedly to arrive within the next two weeks. I have high hopes, so i hope I'm not disappointed. Stilll, if I am, that's one advantage of buying on the net-I can send it back.

3. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds good, who do you buy from that will allow you to return it if you have used the product? Is there a restocking charge or do they take it back no questions asked?

4. jobseeker

jobseeker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I believe under distance selling rules you have 7 days from receipt to return the product. Someone else on here will no doubt know the full details. At least it's a way round the 'dead pixel' policy of the manufacturers.

5. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    14 days, IIRC on distance selling.