1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC-26GA5E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by mjhbell, Sep 23, 2005.

1. mjhbell

mjhbell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anyone please confirm (before I spend over £500) that the LC-26GA5E will take High Def (720p/1080i) via the component inputs, and does this model have a fan if so what are the noise levels like?

Also, for a max. price of £550, are there any other screens I could consider. I'm not desperate for DVI/HDMI. I intend this to be a 'temporary' fix until I get a BIG SED screen in a couple of years.

Thanx all.

Mike.

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Email/phone Sharp tech support, they are very good.

3. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Very helpful!

I don't have any experience of this tv myself but someone on here probably will and may answer on this thread. Otherwise I would recommend searching for the model on the net and then select technical specification and this would tell you what you need to know.

4. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well actually it DOES NOT tell you, and I have a 37GA4E and Sharp confirmed for me that it is HD ready and works on all the required formats. Who else is going to know? Who has an LCD at the moment and has checked all the HD input formats themselves? Very few people indeed, if Sharp confirm that it is OK, then at least you can go back to them if it does turn out to be true!

:D :rolleyes:

5. mjhbell

mjhbell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoken to Sharp, they have confirmed it will take 720p and 1080i via the components. Their website wasn't great for technical spec, but the lady I spoke to seemed quite clued up.

Cheers.