1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC-26GA4E or JVC LT-26D50BJ ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by aphextwin, Feb 23, 2005.

1. aphextwin

aphextwin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to get one of the two, but can not decide which. I am not too worried about hi def, my main concern is dvd play. This is what I will be using the TV for the most so want the best for this job. I have been unable to see these screens in the flesh as they are not stocked localy. I have looked at the Panasonic TX26LXD1 and the dvd playback PQ was fantastic. If this set was 16.9 nad not 15.9 I would go for this one. Can someone help me make my mind up? :lease:

2. spencerp

spencerp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the JVC LT32D50 and think its a fantastic set. Only seen one review but the only criticism the reviewer had was that the set lacked Sky HD compatability. DVD PQ is excellent, as is it from the built in digital tuner and from Sky. I guess the 26" set will be just as good.

3. aphextwin

aphextwin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input. What do you use for your dvd connection? comp or scart

4. blossom

blossom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'd get the Sharp vs the JVC anyday. It has got everything you need for now and the future. I absolutely love mine. Have a PS2 into component and PC into DVI for DVD viewing and digital TV. The Hi-def video from the microsoft website just looks superb. Easy to wall-mount as well.

Cheers

Paul

5. deadred

deadred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Sharp

6. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sharp. Just hooked mine up to a laptop for 1:1 pixel match. Pictures are fantastic !

7. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,912
    A major drawback with the Jvc's with built-in Digital is it can output the Digital from the AV2 scart but you have to leave it switched on for unattended recordings and you cannot record Digital and watch Analogue....you are stuck with recording whatever the screen is outputting. :mad:

8. spencerp

spencerp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quote ... you cannot record Digital and watch Analogue....you are stuck with recording whatever the screen is outputting.

I don't think that's right. You can select Terrestrial Digital to be output from Scart 2 through the dubbing facility and then select analogue to actually view (although I don't bother with this cos I've got Sky). You do need to leave the thing switched on if you want to tape the Terrestrial digital signal but I don't know if that's specific to the JVC or common with most IDTV's.

Going back to an earlier question, I view dvds using component cables and the picture is superb - better than scart rgb although that was pretty good.

9. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,912
    Well try it yourself and let me know, it's just a customer bought one and then called me out to connect up her vcr and demo how to record etc and I had a good read of the manual and I'm sure I read that if you had set it to "Dubb" from Digital to the AV2 scart and then changed channel or switched off......dubbing would fail.

Sony IDTV's can still output digital for recording when switched to standby.

10. spencerp

spencerp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I regularly tape terrestrial digital while watching Sky digital on my JVC. However, I will concede that it can get complicated making sure that the dubbing connection is right and also (in my case at least) that my vcr is set to the right av channel (I have a scart going from my Sky box to the vcr as well as the scart coming from socket 2 on the JVC. I need to double check what signal's going where to avoid mistakes! :rolleyes: