1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC-26GA3e - is it new - help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by docfeelgood, Feb 4, 2005.

1. docfeelgood

docfeelgood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Just received one of these and want to check that it is not the shopfloor demo model.

Is there anyway I can access a menu (maybe service) that tells me the number of hours it has been switched on?

Doing this check on my plasma was easy as it was easy to find (via the plasma forums). However, I can't find anything on this forum for this.

The box had 'XF' on the side... hope it doesn't mean 'ex floor' ! :confused:

regards

Doc

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can't tell you if it's an ex demo but what was the packaging like when you got it ?

3. docfeelgood

docfeelgood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wasn't there when it was unpacked... I was at work :(

... and ...Wifey... was too busy with the nipper to watch.

Isn't there a service menu with hours used on it?

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    There is a service menu and someone on here actually noted on the board recently how to get to it. But I don't know if it has the number of hours in use in there.

5. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Service menu definately shows hours (Sharpserv engineer showed me on mine). Service menu is accessed by button combo on top of set but he wouldn't show me how. Try asking Sharpserv they seem to be pretty helpful.

Service menu has many test functions and test screen, including a dead/live pixel test. I guess I am fortunate as no pixel probs found !

Interestingly there is reset button on the back near the SCARTS which restores factory settings and refreshes the firmware. Apparently GA3/4's have been known to lock up on the remote and this is the recovery route.

Other tip he revealed is that OPC can interfere with remotes and make them very directional. Better off with it switched off.

Engineer visit was due my initial dissatifaction of PQ on RGB. However after playing with settings now much happier, also found image has improved over time.