• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sharp lc- 19d1e AV stuck on 4:3

Ade3

Standard Member
Now this is really silly I have a bird box camera linked on a scart to this TV. The picture was not sharp fuzzy across the top so I started playing with the settings to try and see if I could make it better.
Now I have a zoomed in 4:3 that I don't seem to be able to reverse.
I've been through the various menus to sort it even reset to factory on the settings tab, but it's still like it.
chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://www.ukfree.tv/retune/Sharp_LC19D1S.pdf
page 17 4:3 Mode is the change I made that I am unable to return to 16:9 instructions say "Normal: Normal range keeping 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio"
I'm sure I'm in 4:3 and the picture before I touched it was better in 16.:9 as it showed more of the inside of the bird box.
Perhaps a full factory reset is the only way.
Anybody know if there is an easy way to sort this?
Cheers
Ade

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Most bird box camera's that I've come across are 4x3 and the video/audio output connections are usually 3 RCA phono plugs.
If these are plugged in via a Phono to scart adaptor it's just a case of altering the aspect ratio using the TVs picture menu or a button on the TV remote.
You stated you were "playing with the settings"...do you mean the TVs or does the camera have a menu?
You should not have to do anything as drastic as a full system reset on the Tv...it's probably something simple.

Ade3

Standard Member
Hi JayCee thanks for the reply it was the TV settings the scart fitting to the TV is powered also and yes it is a i.e. one phono out the scart to the Box camera.
Yes I've tried the aspect ratio settings the 4:3 is the best now, but somehow it's zoomed in if I try 4:3 zoom it goes tighter on the viewable image even more. So I'm sure I know my way around the settings it's just a little frustrating that I made it worse than it was. I have ipad pictures to refer to what the image looked like before as my good lady was posting them to FB.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Can't you select 16x9 as you had it before?
EDIT. I've just had a look at the user manual..It should just be a case of toggling the "wide" button directly underneath "0" button on the remote...each push will select a different size...I suspect you had the Panorama setting originally.

Last edited:

Ade3

Standard Member
No 4:3 is the only one on the list on the setting menu where I changed it. The 16:9 on any other menu just makes for less viewable image i.e. moves in tighter losing more of what you could see.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom