Sharp introduces affordable AQUOS Android TV range - news discussion

"All models feature high-quality Harman/Kardon® loudspeaker systems"

So high quality that they're not even facing towards the listener. They'll be giving the shelf under your TV or the wall behind it an audio experience so good you'll be amazed by the reflected sound.

My sharp aqueous 50" Android Smart TV problems has from day 1 been an absolute nightmare, I luv it which annoys me even. It'll work fine 4 a while then the remote will just flash red regardless of wot buttons I press all u is flashing red. The only way to get it flashing green is to press menu an goto device and reconnect reconnect holding down home & left and connect it only 2 DO this u have to av a remote so I was having to use an app an do it that way but to do this u have 2 be connected to the same network and I was fine only now wen I try it says the tv isn't connected 2 wifi. Someone must no of a solution pls help it's like owning a Porsche but not having the keys 4 it!!!

My sharp aqueous 50" Android Smart TV problems has from day 1 been an absolute nightmare, I luv it which annoys me even. It'll work fine 4 a while then the remote will just flash red regardless of wot buttons I press all u is flashing red. The only way to get it flashing green is to press menu an goto device and reconnect reconnect holding down home & left and connect it only 2 DO this u have to av a remote so I was having to use an app an do it that way but to do this u have 2 be connected to the same network and I was fine only now wen I try it says the tv isn't connected 2 wifi. Someone must no of a solution pls help it's like owning a Porsche but not having the keys 4 it!!!
Please beware that using text speak is against the forum rules and to take the time to format your posts correctly in the future. Its hard for other users to help if the post is hard to read.

For your issue, I think its actually pretty common with Android TVs. The remote works via Bluetooth and needs to be paired again if it looses connection. It works similar to other bluetooth devices like headsets or phones.

This may occur if power is lost to the TV, for example, or if the remote goes out of range the last time you used the TV.

You could try factory resetting the TV, but if it continues to be a problem you should aim to return or replace the TV as I don't think there's much else you can do. For this, if you are in warranty contact the shop where you bought the TV, and if they aren't willing to help, contact Sharp.

Please beware that using text speak is against the forum rules and to take the time to format your posts correctly in the future. Its hard for other users to help if the post is hard to read.

For your issue, I think its actually pretty common with Android TVs. The remote works via Bluetooth and needs to be paired again if it looses connection. It works similar to other bluetooth devices like headsets or phones.

This may occur if power is lost to the TV, for example, or if the remote goes out of range the last time you used the TV.

You could try factory resetting the TV, but if it continues to be a problem you should aim to return or replace the TV as I don't think there's much else you can do. For this, if you are in warranty contact the shop where you bought the TV, and if they aren't willing to help, contact Sharp.
Thanx as the tv wen turned on says 'not connected to wifi' & THE remote flashes red regardless of which button I press unless I hold down home and left button till it flashes green which means it's attempting to pair with the tv how would u suggest I try resetting the tv when there's no button on the actual tv & THE remote can't communicate is there anything else u feel may work or do I have to do the 1 thing I really don't want to do which is try contacting Lidl or Sharp pls. Any suggestions would be extremely gratefully received. thanx...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx as the tv wen turned on says 'not connected to wifi' & THE remote flashes red regardless of which button I press unless I hold down home and left button till it flashes green which means it's attempting to pair with the tv how would u suggest I try resetting the tv when there's no button on the actual tv & THE remote can't communicate is there anything else u feel may work or do I have to do the 1 thing I really don't want to do which is try contacting Lidl or Sharp pls. Any suggestions would be extremely gratefully received. thanx...
Typically you'd find the option to factory reset the TV in the settings menu. You should look at the manual as it can differ from TV to TV. On most Android TVs you look for a cog-wheel symbol on the startup page.

Sometimes there's a way to reset it with exterior buttons too, all depends TV to TV.

These kind of problems are hard to fix though. If it continues to be an issue despite this then you need to consider returning the TV, or contacting Sharp.

Thanx I really appreciate your help an advice. Altho I've resolved me problem I really wanted 2 let ya no how much better u made know in I'm alone in this problem an it's not just alone an unlucky.

You've gave me the extra confidence I needed to rock on an persevere an I'm so glad I did as I started 2 think outside the box an I got lucky as I tried an 2 c if I connect the tv via Ethernet 2 my router an as I turned the tv on it let me connect an use my s7 on my network an I reconnected my remote via bluetoothan fek he! It did it worked an (fingers crossed ) so far so good it's let me turn on WiFi an disconnect the Ethernet an connect bak 2 my network so far I'm entering day 3 an were still all good So THANK U THANK U THANK U SIR U REALLY ARE THE MAN OF THE MONTH AN IF I cud I wed buy u a nice cold but me mind, I'll av 1 4 ya an thank u I am forever endeared. To my friend, my Mann my God send x

I recently bought one of these. Can't save the equalizer settings though. No matter what I do they just revert back to the middle setting when I exit the menu. I have it in 'user' setting as well. Everything else saves. Picture settings, power and so on - it's just the darn equalizer.

No other problems and the sound is excellent, but it's quite annoying that I can't fine tune it using the equalizer.

I hope it is okay to post this in here. I didn't want to start a whole new thread when the TV in the link is exactly the one I have.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom