1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Interconnects ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DIGITAL VIRGIN, Dec 14, 2004.

1. DIGITAL VIRGIN

DIGITAL VIRGIN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

This is my first post so be gentle and talk slowly :) .
    I should be getting my modest Sharp system (DV HR350H and LC26GA4E) delivered on Thursday and I want to make sure that I have all the necessary wires ready. I have downloaded some of the manual pages (22 & 23) and am a bit :rolleyes: .

Please correct and comment if wrong -

Scart between recorder and Sky digibox (have to buy)
    Component between recorder and TV (have to buy)
    Video / Audio between recorder and TV (supplied)

Is that it???

I think I know ( because I have read it here ) that component is best, but what kind of cable is it and where do I get it?

BTW I ordered through TV & Video Direct, TV £902, I know they have been cheaper but there we go! The recorder @ £444.99 - I know I could have done better there both in quality and price but I was happy to only have to deal with one courier and the 350 was cheaper than the 300. And I think a 3 year warranty for the TV but I need to check that out.

Thanks in advance

David

2. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    component lead is 3 75ohm RCA->RCA leads essentially. Any self respecting AV store will sell you one. Worth reading the huge sticky post about cables in the cable section on these forums.

3 year warranty is applicable on sharp sets bought before christmas. There is a pdf on the sharp website that you can print out and send off with the invoice and they send back the new warranty card and the invoice.

enjoy your new toys.

3. DIGITAL VIRGIN

DIGITAL VIRGIN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Ultim8Fury. Once I have them working in a basic kind of way I will RTFM and scoure this forum to squeeze every drop of quality out of them.