1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sharp hifi no output lights on ? hlp plz

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fender62, May 9, 2005.

1. fender62

fender62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a sharp cd-xp700 hifi all in one things about two years old,
    when listening the other day it was as if one side was louder than the other
    i tried swapping round speakers made no difference so i thought maybe there
    might be dry solder joint at the speaker input junctions so i heatd up points
    after shutting down system unplug etc made no difference now theres no sound at all. even with headphones connected the system lights up fine
    just no sound, could the amp be dead anything i could try

2. batman_uk

batman_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I have the same problem with my Eltax, It first began when I had a loose mains plug. I am pretty sure it has something to do with this. My problem was my Eltax avr 250, Eltax.com was no help, just told me it was possibly defective. It just went dead, lights up !! one of the speaker level indicators is on
    max tried resetting but no good, had an electrical engineer friend look at
    it, he checked fuses. Couldn`t see anything obvious. Checked all the speaker
    wiring too. If you find out the problem? I would be grateful if you let us know. I saw another post the same as this, but the guy just bought a new amp. It sure sounds like the same problem. I have also posted this in a load of newsgroups.

3. fender62

fender62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe one of the amp components is dead ? but what bit i suppose i could take it for a repair but i dont think its worth it, i wish i could do it myself.
    sad really as it only two years old i paid about £250 for it, waste of money
    i should have went for separates, iv just bought some used gear off ebay
    thats way better quality

4. batman_uk

batman_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been given the details of a private engineer who does work for peters hi-fi in Llandudno north wales, I phoned him before. He is going to look at it for a set fee of £17.50. Cheaper than what I have seen before now. I am really happy with my Eltax 250avr, so it will be worth getting it fixed. Still a saving. When I have more money I will upgrade. I have had some replies in some newsgroups from people who reckon the problem is a blown output transistor. Once this has happened the amp will be put on some sort of safe mode. So I am hopeing it can be replaced and everything will be ok, although I will make sure the mains cable is more secure and no chance of being tugged at. This I am sure was the cause of the problem.