1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp GX10 on Vodafone PAYT

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by thepange, May 3, 2003.

1. thepange

thepange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just looking for a bit of advice on this phone.

Being a new gadget lover, I'm thinking of upgrading my current mobile for this new Vodafone Live handset.

I've read a few reviews already and theres a few issues of concern, if anyone can advise me on.

1) Obviously cos this phone has many new features, camera, colour screen etc, this will affect the battery life. Can anyone tell me if this is a problem and how long the battery should last with "average use" (yes i know, how long is a piece of string!)

2) Does the phone have an active flip feature?

3) What are your experiences of the Vodafone live service and is it worth the extra cost?

I've seen this handset on sale for £249 on PAYT and I'm really tempted to go for it but just wanted some more opinions and advice.

Cheers

:smashin:

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +667
    My bill is around £250 a month (although last month was £470!) with 500 mins included, so that should give you an idea on how much i use it.

The phone gives me 2 days and then i have to recharge if i dont it will be dead on the third morning when i get up.

I have a charger at work so it isnt too much of a problem really if i am in work but when i am away I always forget to carge it.

I dont really use many of the features and battery life is more important to me than camera, games etc. that is why I was asking about the new sony T610 in my other post, it has a 14 hour talktime !!!

but it is $650 so I may have a boxed GX-10 up for grabs to help fund it ;)

3. sturjl

sturjl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a GX10 and the battery tends to last about 2 days. I dont talk as much as the other guy but I fiddle with the gadgets all the time (sounds, camera, pics etc).

I'm not sure what active flip is but it doesnt have a feature to answer the call when you open the phone (if thats what you mean)

Vodafone live is a bit of a let down really. You spend ages looking for something and then it either crashes or you give up!

£249 is the normal cost on PAYT but I went into the Vodafone store with £200 in my bank and they luckily made a deal with me! Maybe you should try it!

PS the camera (like on any phone I know of) has no flash so dont expext good pictures in the dark.

4. thepange

thepange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for your post, I did eventually go out & buy the GX10 a couple of days after my first post!

On the whole I am quite pleased with the phone in general, the only complaint I would say is the short battery life. Since I don't really use it regularly every day, it lasts about 3 or 4 days, but less if playing games.

I've downloaded a few games & ringtones but do not think much of Vodafone Live service. I did use it up until July when it was free to browse any Vodafone pages, but havent used it much since.

The camera isnt too bad, but obviously doesnt match up to a decent digital camera. OK for just catching a quick snapshot, but I would probably use picture messaging more if I knew somebody else with a compatible phone!

Overall I would recommend the phone, but maybe wait till it comes down in price a bit more.

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +667
    How much do they go for second hand as I have mine sitting in a drawer somewhere ???

they are a good phone but as you say the battery isnt the best.
    mind you most of the new phones seem to have poor batteries so nothing unusual there.

6. Gazkicka54

Gazkicka54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is a good (very) good phone, had one for over 6 months now! Can highly recommend!

Looking forward to the GX20 and the million pix GX30...

Live is good, but seems in-consistant is reliabilty sometimes!

Gaz