Sharp GA6E Owners

J

JayHarkin

Hi Guys Firstly what is the difference between the Sharp LC32GA6E and the LC32GA7E, besides freeview and a large price hike. Furthermore has anyone actually seen the LC32GA6E in the flesh or better yet have it at home any opinions, would be a great help. Also what is the response time on the LC32GA6E and has any one played any videogames on it, (Have you noticed any blurring etc). Any info or links much appreciated. Finally were is the best and cheapest place to get the set online. Thanks Jason

JayHarkin said:
Hi Guys Firstly what is the difference between the Sharp LC32GA6E and the LC32GA7E, besides freeview and a large price hike. Furthermore has anyone actually seen the LC32GA6E in the flesh or better yet have it at home any opinions, would be a great help. Also what is the response time on the LC32GA6E and has any one played any videogames on it, (Have you noticed any blurring etc). Any info or links much appreciated. Finally were is the best and cheapest place to get the set online. Thanks Jason
Have you not already started a thread for this> BTW its the GD7 not GA7.

JayHarkin:
I was looking at the Sharp web site today and the LC32GA6E quoted response time was 16ms. The web site had no figures for the LC32GD7E so I telephoned the advise line and was told it was 12ms.

I thought the GD7 GAE6 were both the same tv's bar finish and freeview.

I believe the GD7E has slightly more advanced picture processing, and if it's anything like last year's GD1E, it will give the user a lot more control over the image, without having to resort to the service menus. (eg setting R/G/B saturation individually, rather than a "colour" control)

The website lists a "de-juddering" circuit on the GD7E, which I would imagine to be 2:2 pulldown, 3:2 pulldown, or both.

As amadeus mentioned, the GA6E is listed as being 16ms, whereas the GD7E is 12ms. This is the reply I got from Sharp to an email asking about the GD7E:
The response time is 12ms. This is measured from black to white whereas some other manufacturers who are quoting lower speeds measure from grey to grey.

If the response time is quoted as lower than 12ms, I would suggest you ask the retailer how the response time is measured as our sets are regarded as the best on the market.
This suggests to me that Sharp are being more "honest" about their response times than other manufacturers, so I wouldn't directly compare their "16ms" to another manufacturer's "16ms" (See here for a little more detail.) I'd personally demo the unit if that is a concern, but I doubt that it will be an issue.

I bought a GA6 yesterday from RGB in Ilford Essex, I can highly recommend them, they are very helpfull and have a very good selection of LCD's on display and in stock too.
I haven't really had enough time to get to grips with my new toy but I love it.

To me it looks similar to the P50, not completely but similar apart from the smoother speaker grill at the bottom.

It's identical to the GD7 but the GA6 is silver.

They had three in stock on Monday.

They have two shops, one in Loughton where I live and the bigger one in Ilford.

http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/

I got the 32gd7e last week and while I haven't had alot of time to play yet I can say I am very very impressed...

The menus don't seem as comprehensive as some lcds, ie you don't get access to all the settings but Im not sure thats a bad thing as just using the factory defaults with minor tweaking on things like sharpness the picture is amazing. I think the screen does alot of it automatically - like baklight adjustment

I was concerned about upgrading from crt to lcd and getting a worse picture but I can safely say it is on par with my sony crt

As for DVD and hidef playback well .... you have to see it ....

I would highly recommend the GD7E

I got mine from beyond television for just over £1200 + delivery

robe1101; I'm hopefully going to be purchasing a GD7E in the very near future (once I get refunded for my Samsung) and there doesn't seem to be much about it online yet. (no english manual to download yet etc)

I don't want to hijack this topic, but if you've got a digital camera, would you mind creating a new topic for the GD7E TVs, and taking pictures of the menus to show what settings are available? The main thing I'm hoping for is R/G/B controls, which were in the "old" GD1E, but I couldn't see them from glancing at a german manual.

I'm surprised at you saying you don't get much access to the settings, as Sharp have been the best for this in the past, from my experience. (perhaps they're now confident enough with their brightness sensor that they feel it doesn't need a manual backlight option)

Andrewfee; I will see what I can do over the next couple of days regarding the pictures ...

Someone on another thread said that Lowe has a big hand in designing the software for the GD7E

robe1101 said:
Andrewfee; I will see what I can do over the next couple of days regarding the pictures ...

Someone on another thread said that Lowe has a big hand in designing the software for the GD7E
That'd be great, thanks. :)

I've heard that too, and it's one of the things drawing me to Sharp; I saw a Xelos recently, and it had the best black levels I had ever seen on an LCD. I've been told that Loewe are essentially Sharp LCDs in a new shell with a different menu system.

If someone knew the differences, I'd be quite interested to hear it, as it's very hard to justify the extra £500 or so just for a name.

Hi Im eager on this GD7E as well but the massive price hike just for freeview puts me off anyone know why this is??

When I spoke to Sharp they told me that apart from the Freeview tuner the two TV's are physically the same including the panel. The only difference is the software, finish and that it is assembled in German.

andrewfee said:
That'd be great, thanks. :)

I've heard that too, and it's one of the things drawing me to Sharp; I saw a Xelos recently, and it had the best black levels I had ever seen on an LCD. I've been told that Loewe are essentially Sharp LCDs in a new shell with a different menu system.

If someone knew the differences, I'd be quite interested to hear it, as it's very hard to justify the extra £500 or so just for a name.

I asked if the GA6 and GD7 used the same panel and software.

email received from Sharp's Aquos Customer Support:

I can confirm that the GD7 and the GA6 Both use Advance Super View and
Black TFT LCD Panel.They also both use the same technology. However the GD7
has an Integrated IDTV, Freeview digital tuner.

So, just to clarify.....is the Loewe Xelos A32 the same as the Sharp 32-GD7E ? Or is the 32-GD7E the same as the 32-GA6E ?

Or all they all the same ??????

Feeling a bit dizzy now..... :confused:

i looked at them both in comet recently ,i thought the gd7 looked far better in titanium it also had a far nicer remote control the menu system seemed more user friendly but this might be down to not having as many settings!!

jason

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom