1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Ga4e picture size keeps changing....

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by meme68, Jan 28, 2005.

1. meme68

meme68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi all,sorry this seems a rather unusual problem for which i need reassuring that its either just me or my ntl digibox playing up....as i flick thru the various channels on my digibox,the picture on the ga4e varies wildly from 4:3 format to 16:9 and to even crazier variations of these 2 formats with black bars much in evidence..thing is that it used to be perfectly fine until last week..showing most digi channels in same w/screen format..anybody any ideas?

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    All I can think is that NTL have started using different aspect ratios for their channels.

On the Sharp there is a WSS setting in the setup menu. This sets the signal to display widescreen on whichever aspect is fed. There are a few ratios that exists, 4:3 (Square TV), 16:9 (Widescreen) and an odd 14:9 that the BBC use which will produce black bars to the left and right of the screen if tv hasn't automatically switched the aspect ratio.

Richie.

3. meme68

meme68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    thanks for reply richj...ive played about with various settings incl.wss but this actually makes some of these weird aspect ratios even smaller...will see if i can get my hands on another digi decoder box in case thats the problem..in the meantime anyone else experiencing similar probs??

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Make sure the SCART cable is connected properly. I think it's pin 8 that send the aspect ratio signal. If the scart isn't located properly it might cause havoc.

I've only just got my 32GA and so haven't noticed it yet, but I'll keep my eyes open, although we've got freeview and not NTL.

Richie

5. meme68

meme68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    definitely ntl digibox related...rebooted and some channels have started appearing as normal aspect again..will keep at it..thanks for input richj