1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Ga4 32" or 37"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MattDJ, Feb 12, 2005.

1. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If i can get my philips 32" replaced for either of these...

1. Are they any good, compared to the titanium ones..?

2. Does the DVI accept HDCP?

3. Is there a component Input?

4. Or 2 RGB Scarts?

5. And are all the connections on the tv, as opposed to the seperate box of the titanium...?

Thanks in advance.

2. LcdGuru

LcdGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Yes. Same except GAs are cheaper and have a nice silver finish iso sh[t brown
    2. Yes (so I am told by Sharp)
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes. Connections on the back of the set - behind a panel. Cables can be routed out down behind the central support. Very nice & tidy.

Go for it. :thumbsup:

3. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    matt where have you seen these screens?

4. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was looking at the sharp website, and i preferred the look of them against the titanium - are they rare? Im i possibly wasting my time looking for one?

5. imh

imh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes they are rare, however some dealers are still taking orders that they think they can fulfill...

6. mimote

mimote

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just acquired a 32 GA4 after much struggle. Having spoken to sharp and a number of dealers there is no intention to resupply the UK with these models. I believe sharp consider they were not making enough margin as the spek is outstanding for their price. The GA 3/4 are being replaced by the inferior GA 5 at the same price point and to get the same connectivity you are now forced to 'upgrade' to the GD. If you are serious about wanting one don't hang about and I would recommend not taking a dealer at their word I was let down by two (earlier post) before stumbling across it in the Plymouth CoOp (Derrys) of all places. They still had 4 left a week ago (3 warehouse and 1 Disply). Best of luck and by the way very happy with mine. Downside is as reviewed it doesn't like low grade source but even fed with RGB DVD interlaced it is outstanding.